Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

things that really grind my gears

sammish

Jun 29, 2008, 4:17 PM
customer comes up with a damaged krazr, no upgrade eligibility, is looking at either add a line prices or outright. is PRICE SHOPPING on her cell phone with her husband through the corporate web site...even after I inform her that their prices are GOING to be DIFFERENT and only for new contracts or upgrades, which is not available to them. stupid $%(&*$%...
The Hammer

Jun 29, 2008, 4:50 PM
amen to that...we get ppl like that all the time, had one yesterday who said "well, i can get the enV in teal from alltel for 29.99."

Go right ahead mam.....
kapwww

Jun 29, 2008, 7:44 PM
That's when I would call them out on their BS and tell them that the enV is exclusive to Verizon Wireless. They may be talking about another model, but it would be fun to make them feel a little bit like a fool. I would also then mention ETF, activation, new contract with new carrier, etc. I have fun with those people. They are so clueless.
The Hammer

Jun 30, 2008, 2:47 AM
Oh i did lol... she was like 😕 ☚ī¸ 🤭 👀 ok....now which colors do you have here in store 🙂 made the sale lol
Whitehores

Jun 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
People that say "grind my gears"
liquidfire

Jul 1, 2008, 9:29 AM
gotta love how cheap everyone is these days. i get people asking for a free phone everyday. when i tell them they arent eligible for a free phone (which is the POS samsung u340) or that the phone they want (typically an env2 or 8350) isnt free i get the same line

"well, if you dont want to give me a free phone, i'll go to somebody who will"

or

"well, if its not free i dont want it"

i had a lady on saturday come in....

c: im ready for my upgrade
m: ok. let me check your account to see what discounts you are eligible for..
check account, secondary line upgrade, i.e. ok pricing, but not great
m: ok ma'am you are ready for upgrade. was there a certain phone you had in mind?
c: yea i want that one. in grey. *points to lg 8350
(continues)
phonemechanic

Jul 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
Ya know, you could've saved yourself a lot of that headache by telling the customer the price BEFORE you activated the line. 🙂
liquidfire

Jul 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
yes i could have, but...when someone comes in and knows exactly what they want, i tend to assume 1 or 2 things

1. she knows the price and is willing to pay it
2. she doesnt know the price, but also is willing to pay a reasonable amount for the product that she wants.

its not really the fact that i did all the work, then had to do more. i know i should have mentioned the price. but i didnt, my bad.

what pisses me off is all these people who want everything for free. they only want it if its free and cry like 2 yr olds, when they are told its not free.
lxav06

Jul 1, 2008, 2:38 PM
i agree on that they feel entitled to free on everything when 1 they see it label thatway at some website or 2 they've had service since " the earth cooled" is what one lady told me.
d3ity

Jul 1, 2008, 6:27 PM
ok... earth cooled...

Totally spinning that around on a customer.

I'm sorry sir, but you'd only be eligible for that voyager/xv6900/centro for free if you signed your first contract when the earth was cooling.
lxav06

Jul 1, 2008, 2:36 PM
I agree, i tell before hand, becasue even though my store has the prices listed and they CAN read it easily ,they still look at the "final cost" price.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.