Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Need help from an AT&T Rep or Tech person

Bubey

Jun 18, 2008, 2:08 PM
Why can't a AT&T Blue be mixed with an AT&T Orange? Seems like a phone line is a phone line. Or is it a money issue? I have had my AT&T phone for 4 years. Why would I give up 1000 shared minutes for $49.99 w/a 25% corporate discount. I would gladly switch if I could keep my plan. I'm not dumb to do this just for a free phone. I keep buy mine unlocked.

I was told I could add a line to my current service without any changes because I had my own phone. The order was taken and AT&T sent out the sim card. (It was to be done for a Father's Day surprise) When it came time to Activate the Sim Card, I ran into problem and so did the rep's trying to do the activation. AT&T ruined Father's Day but I called back on Monday to finish it. Afte...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jun 18, 2008, 2:42 PM
I'm not trying to be a d**k, but this is the wrong forum for this question. To prove I'm not trying to be like that, I'm gonna answer you anyway. If you're unhappy with the response I'd try posting it in the ATT forum.

First off, the rep probably lied or only marginally told the truth. You can add a line to your account, but not on that plan. It would need to be on it's own rate plan.

The reason Blue and Orange don't mix is because you're talking about two different companies. Blue is ATT wireless and Orange is ATT. I know it's confusing, but trust me that they're not the same. Orange doesn't support blue plans or devices.

On the premier thing, it doesn't mean much. You're handled by business because of your FAN discount, but since ...
(continues)
Bubey

Jun 18, 2008, 4:59 PM
Thank You for the info.

Is AT&T going to stay Orange? I thought that was a leftover of Cingular. Did they have a better system? I would have thought AT&T would have brought the Cingular people back to their ATT system. So, are you saying that AT&T are running two seperate companies ?
I stayed AT&T when it was Cingular. I was known as a Cingular Blue customer. With the purchase back I thought I would be back as a real AT&T customer again.

Guess I'll just stick with what I've got until they kick us all off. The $42 a month
is much better than the alternative for the 3rd phone line that really isn't needed. Just would have nice to be able to find my husband when were shopping. I share with my son who works nights, so he can sh...
(continues)
cparistheman

Jun 18, 2008, 5:10 PM
AT&T never bought back Cingular. Cingular changed their name to AT&T Mobility for marketing, as most people associate phones with AT&T as being the leaders of the industry , and the Name Cingular just didn't have the knack that AT&T does, So no they wont go back to there original systems and oh yeah as Raplh stated earlier you should be posting in the AT&T forum. 👿 😈 👿 😈 👿 😈 👿 😈 👿 😈
ralph_on_me

Jun 18, 2008, 5:15 PM
That's a common misconception. ATT Wireless and even the company that was ATT five years ago is dead to the world as we know it.

Cingular was owned by. SBC Communications and BellSouth. Cingular bought ATT Wireless (which wasn't affiliated with ATT) I think back in 2004. I honestly can't remember the exact year. Then in 2005 SBC bought AT&T Corp, but took the name AT&T because of it's history and international bragging rights. In 2006, the new ATT bought BellSouth making Cingular now the under the sole ownership of one company instead of two. After this, Cingular changed their name to ATT.

Everything known as ATT between 1984 and 2005 is now dead and gone. You're always gonna be a blue customer, until you migrate to an orange one.
Bubey

Jun 18, 2008, 11:31 PM
So where do I write a letter to AT&T Corp ?
The old Cingular office or the AT&T in Texas ?
Blumpelstiltskin

Jun 19, 2008, 9:24 AM
Honestly - save yourself .43 cents... you've already spent a bunch of your time on the phone telling reps how displeased you are. Not only are Blue and Orange customers are in different billing systems, but their accounts are provisioned differently. No letter you write is going to let you tack a line on to what you already have. I hope this doesn't sound rude, because that is not my intention. Best of luck to you.
Bubey

Jun 19, 2008, 3:10 PM
No, not rude. Just an explanation. I understand wanting to make money but when I could do the same thing as a new customer and just get a line, no contract, it's really a money issue and not a customer service issue. But that's the way big companies work.
For me, writing my letter to the President with a .CC to the FCC will just make me feel better and hopefully they won't to the same thing to someone else. If it was just another phone line being added it wouldn't have quite so disappointing and upseting, but since it was a FATHER'S DAY SURPRISE, that made is emotionally worse.

Thank for your explanation. Now which address should I send me letter to please?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.