Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

so i just pissed off a custy

liquidfire

May 20, 2008, 3:13 PM
had this guy come in with a broken razr (screen was smashed). he is from down south and was here with his mother. of course no insurance and not avail for upgrade. so i tell him the retail prices and he isnt having it. luckily mom is ready for upgrade, so i cheat the system a lil and upgrade her then esn swap the phones for them. while im doing this i have like 3 other custy's walk up to my kiosk. so i'm tryin to talk to all of em so i dont lose any sales (they all left anyway). Well i went to transfer the dudes contacts from the broken razr to the new phone, but since i was distracted/in a hurry i accidently hooked the phones up backwards, entered the info backwards and erased all his contacts 🤭

yea he was kinda pissed. never ye...
(continues)
phonemechanic

May 20, 2008, 3:16 PM
🤣 Been there, done that. On the bright side, at least he didn't have to pay retail for the phone.
Tmo Slave

May 20, 2008, 3:20 PM
I never understand why people dont back their numbers up on their computer or something like that. I get people all the time with a broken phone and of course none are saved to the SIM. Then I get the whole song and dance that they have very important irreaplacable numbers on their phone. I always think to myself that if the info on their phone is so important they would take steps to back it up. There are so many options out there to do it there is no excuse not to.
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 3:25 PM
Tmo Slave said:
I get people all the time with a broken phone and of course none are saved to the SIM.

I'm not trying to be an ass... but you do realize that in that situation, which happens most of the time, you just transfer them to the sim before swapping the sim into the new phone? I mean, you know you can do this right?
Tmo Slave

May 20, 2008, 3:27 PM
Well we do that if the phone is working but if its not working then they are S.O.L.
I AM GOD

May 20, 2008, 3:27 PM
That's hard to do when the phone with all the contacts on it is broken....... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Pay attention to what you read.....
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 3:33 PM
Depends how broken it is. On the average it's not so bad you can't get the numbers out.
I AM GOD

May 20, 2008, 3:34 PM
Take a phone with no working screen and save all the contacts to the sim. I can, can you?
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 3:35 PM
I will not stand for your insolence!

Motorola and Nokia yes.
I AM GOD

May 20, 2008, 3:38 PM
no, you will lay down and cease dishing out backtalk. It's very unbecoming. Once you do it on a blackberrty, then come talk to me.
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 3:40 PM
That's ****ing impossible at that point the customer can deal with it. Unless of course you have a black berry activated near you to copy the commands. ... starbucks time
I AM GOD

May 20, 2008, 3:50 PM
You forget I own a Pearl.....
I AM GOD

May 20, 2008, 3:50 PM
😁
Tmo Slave

May 20, 2008, 3:35 PM
Wow your lucky the phones I usually get look like they have been dragged by a car doing 70 on the freeway and then repeatedly run over by a steam roller.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.