Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 52 replies

K-9 Attack Dogs...Patrolling at My Mall....?!?!

Pure1rish

Apr 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
Where do I live again??

This is Nuts and I will post pictures tonight when I'm off work.

Yesterday, Simon Properties (owns the Mall) displayed their private security firm from Chicago who patrols the mall now with K-9 Attack Dogs??????????????

WTF!

Unbelievable.....

I do not think I will be able to keep my job now as my moral insticts kick in.

I will be passing out fliers to all mall employees and customers over the next few days informing them of this danger.

Isn't this Entrapment?

Weren't K-9 Dogs introduced by the Nazis?

Is this 1984?

Or is this AMERICA, the Land of the Free?

Our Grand children will pay for our Apathy,
Rest Easy America
lscarb85

Apr 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
y does it matter if theres k-9's at ur mall?
Pure1rish

Apr 19, 2008, 10:23 AM
Are you serious?

So I guess everyone out shopping at my mall should be treated like Criminals?

That's what you are saying.

It matters because they are Intimidating and getting people used to the idea of having Dogs watch over them like they are a threat to the rest of mankind.

In The United States of America we are free, and not to be treated like a threat, like a criminal or like a drug dealer.

You want a K-9 attack dog hovering over your Newborns Stroller while shopping??

K-9's do attack the innocent, GOOGLE IT
lscarb85

Apr 19, 2008, 10:26 AM
i actually wouldn't mind it, they're there to protect people from criminals, and when they do attack it's rare, so dont' be so dramatic unless u have something to hide
Pure1rish

Apr 19, 2008, 10:30 AM
I'll be dramatic Sir..

I'll be very dramatic when a K-9 Attacked my 5 year olds friend and Mauled his face half off for no reason.

I'll be dramatic when all evidence points at our country becomming more of a police state everyday.

What are you afraid of.....I have nothing to Hide, I am a law abiding American.

Can you not take care of yourself or are you afraid of some petty crook.

I am Not shocked by your reaction though, not at all.

Everyone is afraid of the boogyman nowadays.

What are we, Children, or Grown Individuals?
golem22

Apr 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
The chances of a trained k9 going crazy and randomly attacking someone is vary slim sir, infact i think you have a better chance of randomly getting shot or stabbed by a criminal intent on takinging your life. I think you need to realise that it is not the police patrolling the mall, it is a private security firm. The day that the police have police dogs in every mall is the day that you can start ranting about a police state.
TeamAzul

Apr 19, 2008, 1:38 PM
I wish we had trained K9's in 2006 alone we had a shooting and a stabbing in our mall. And yet still there is maybe 1 real cop here every-other saturday...other than that it's just the dinky mall security and personally I wouldn't trust one of them with my life.
BRING ON THE DOGS!
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 1:57 PM
BigShowJB

Apr 19, 2008, 11:08 AM
Are they there asa permanent patrol device or are they training? get some more facts before you go off the deep end like that.

K9 patrols are highly trained and extremely obedient. I have a couple friends who train them for the local police departments. I'm very comfortable letting my kids (3,5,😎 play around them and with them.

Those dogs are extremely gentle until they are given commands to be on guard or told to attack or defend, and then they know their target is the only thing that gets attacked.

you have nothing to worry about unless you are carrying drugs or a bomb.

RELAX!!
Pure1rish

Apr 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
I am now officially relaxed....

Yes...Feel the cool air, thanks you and your pacifist ways...

I will Jump No matter How High, I will Obey.

I feel so Much Better..

-----------------------

Yes, This is the beginning.

Its tough to see through the fog in the beginning of anything. They want your kids to pet their puppy, oh yes they do.

Then they will be way more relaxed when their puppy is guiding them to the railcars.

Get bit by one of these dogs for no reason and then talk to me.
BigShowJB

Apr 19, 2008, 11:26 AM
been around hundreds of them ...
lscarb85

Apr 19, 2008, 12:03 PM
you are completely crazy and paranoid!
gozvzw

Apr 21, 2008, 2:22 PM
Be careful, I think Big Brother is is watching you through the F7 key...
vocalist

Apr 20, 2008, 9:06 AM
Pure1rish said:
Are you serious?

So I guess everyone out shopping at my mall should be treated like Criminals?

That's what you are saying.

It matters because they are Intimidating and getting people used to the idea of having Dogs watch over them like they are a threat to the rest of mankind.

In The United States of America we are free, and not to be treated like a threat, like a criminal or like a drug dealer.

You want a K-9 attack dog hovering over your Newborns Stroller while shopping??

K-9's do attack the innocent, GOOGLE IT

1. Is this the Shop Talk section of phonescoop, or is this a message board where people preach about the oppression of the white man by dogs?

2. No one wants...
(continues)
illinformedcustomer

Apr 19, 2008, 11:16 AM
really this is what concerns you? A dog that is there to assist in the mall security's job. I think you over reacting just a bit
pronexs

Apr 19, 2008, 11:23 AM
People attack for no reason more than dogs attack for no reason. You should be more afraid of the people walking around instead of the animals. Stop this hippie bullsh** and learn that they are there for a reason.
illinformedcustomer

Apr 19, 2008, 11:25 AM
I think you responded to the wrong post - I had no hippie sh*t going on in anything that I said - take time to read what your posting a response to
BigShowJB

Apr 19, 2008, 11:28 AM
i think prone's post was for PureBSrish.. it just happened to get behind your post...
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 1:33 PM
Maybe you're not reacting enough?
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 12:32 PM
Fu*k that man.

Now, I do not really consider it that a physical danger, but rather another nail in the coffin for personal freedoms. We wouldn't have to police ourselves if people weren't such damn wusses.

I would totally hate the feeling of being watched, and I know they would watch me, simply due to how I look. I get it all the time. Guy with long hair and tattoos, must be doing something wrong. I get pulled over at least once every 2-3 months. But yet the ONLY violations I have EVER gotten was a speeding ticket when I was 17, and a parking ticket at 19. My insurance is always paid, inspections done early, and I always wear my seat belt. They pull me over just for how I look, because most young men around my age don't care about al...
(continues)
StarryNight

Apr 19, 2008, 12:40 PM
Ahh... 😎

Oh, I'm back, sorry. I was just basking in the complete and utter validity of EVERY SINGLE THING HE JUST SAID.

OfAMightDevine, thank you.
StarryNight

Apr 19, 2008, 12:40 PM
Damn it! Divine! Not Devine! Why can my brain not handle that? Frick!
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 1:23 PM
No thanks needed. I'm glad to know there are other people in the world that prefer to use their brain versus letting others do it for them. It's astounding how so many people just don't THINK about things, and how they'd rather give up more and more personal freedoms for the thought, and ILLUSION of security, either economic of physical.

It was great when "America : Home Of The Free And The Brave" meant something other than something Corporate and Government types spewed at us to hide the fact that we're drowning in a sea of hypocrisy and idiocy.

Mark Hutcherson said it best I think : "When politicians only care about themselves and their own political party and not the people who elected them, they are not worthy to serve this gr...
(continues)
I AM GOD

Apr 20, 2008, 2:00 PM
Apparently, some have taken the phrase "ignorance is bliss" way too far... Scary....
player1

Apr 20, 2008, 3:19 PM
Whats next cavity search for a pack of gum?
golem22

Apr 19, 2008, 2:29 PM
Ok im sorry but cry me a river, you CHOSE to put tattoos onto yourself, even a child knows that lots of tattoos usualy means badguy. therefore any problems you have as a result of the image you project are your own fault.

Second point, criminals are becomming more dangerous, more brazen and more sophisticated all the time. It is thanks to lack security that things like the twin tower disaster happen. We do not live in a perfect world but the easiest and most effective way to protect ourself is to hire good honest security to do the job.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 2:46 PM
golem22 said:
Ok im sorry but cry me a river, you CHOSE to put tattoos onto yourself, even a child knows that lots of tattoos usualy means badguy

What an ignorant statement. What if all the tattoos I have on me are of flowers, pixies and shining hearts? Based on your statement, I'm still likely to be a bad guy. You use stereotype on me to make a point. You ASSUME that tattoos are equivalent to bad guys. But why? No one ever explains why.

Based on your assumption, most people who have a tattoo are most likely a "bad guy" but you don't try to explain why? You say even a child knows tattoos means a bad guy. Well, children also believe in Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny. Does this make t...
(continues)
golem22

Apr 19, 2008, 6:44 PM
Im not sure where my argument has went apparently somewhere. If your tattoos are of fairys and butterflys your probably either viewed as gay or as a gay criminal... For better or worse people judge other people based off of what we see and the image we project. There is no surprise here unless you were born on a deserted island and raised by wolves.

Incidentally i kindof doubt that you only have one or two tattoos and i doubt much more that they are of fairys, flowers and butterflys.

On to your second "point" you are right that the attack on the World Trade Center was not done by criminals, though if we had the proper security in airplanes as we have now those people would either be criminals or would not have even tried.

Executive...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 7:07 PM
I noticed you did not bother to answer my question.

Why exactly is it that because I have some tattoos that I am 'usually the bad guy'?

You wouldn't say "Anyone who wears a red shirt is usually a bad guy." would you?

"Anyone who writes with a pencil might be a bad guy."

"Watch out for anyone who drinks green tea. They might be a bad guy."

So tell me, how exactly does it come to be that having some ink in your skin makes somebody a bad guy?

Why is it anyone that has to be the 'bad guy' for some reason? Why can't it be based on who the person is, and the morals they value?
llama

Apr 19, 2008, 7:13 PM
Green Tea drinkers are bad people. It's a fact.
golem22

Apr 20, 2008, 1:20 PM
Your not responding with reason, if most criminals wore red and those who were not criminals avoided that color guess what, if i chose to wear that color there is a good chance i would be ostracised by society (or at least the non crime committing portion). I am not saying that this is fair. I am simply stating that it is true.

Haveing ink in your skin does not make you a bad guy it makes you appear to be a bad guy. I hope you understand the difference here. Face it appearence matters, like it or not people judge on stereotypes.
ajstrong

Apr 21, 2008, 1:24 PM
and apparently you're shallow enough to do so yourself; my cousin, a very sweet guy, wouldn't hurt a fly, is inked. alot. people's perceptions of him have changed, externally, but that to him is a fun kinda social test, to see who's mature enough to have a meaningful conversation with him sans the open staring at his body art. grow up, and realize that other countries' economic policies DO affect you, 'specially since we, your neighbor to the south, have been one of the foremost economic powers in the world for a while now.
UOQuack

Apr 21, 2008, 9:24 AM
this information was taken from Wikipedia:

Executive Order 9066 was finally rescinded by Gerald Ford on April 19, 1976. In 1980, Jimmy Carter signed legislation to create the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC). The CWRIC was appointed to conduct an official governmental study of Executive Order 9066, related wartime orders and their impact on Japanese Americans in the West and Alaska Natives in the Pribilof Islands.

In 1983, the CWRIC issued its findings in Personal Justice Denied, concluding that the incarceration of Japanese Americans had not been justified by military necessity. Rather, the report determined that the decision to incarcerate was based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure o...
(continues)
ecast7969

Apr 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
great just what we need stupid RENT-A-COPS with dogs as if they werent lazy enough now they got dogs to do there job for them!!! 😁 😁
I AM GOD

Apr 20, 2008, 2:05 PM
🤣 At least the dogs are better qualified.
TeamAzul

Apr 19, 2008, 1:39 PM
I wish we had trained K9's in 2006 alone we had a shooting and a stabbing in our mall. And yet still there is maybe 1 real cop here every-other saturday...other than that it's just the dinky mall security and personally I wouldn't trust one of them with my life.
BRING ON THE DOGS!
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 1:48 PM
What good do you think those dogs would have done? Stopped the gun men at the door? If people want to shoot up a place, or stab someone, then they will. There's murders in prison every day. Inmates have, and continue to make shivs, knives, and yes, GUNS in their cells from things the state and Federal Government are REQUIRED to give them. If you can't stop the criminals in a place where we house criminals, and they're under lock and key and being watched almost 24/7, what good do you think there is in a fu*kin MALL? Or any where public for that matter? Don't be naive man. Dogs do NOTHING. Remember, dogs can be shot and killed just as easy as you can.
persistentchaos

Apr 19, 2008, 1:53 PM
What Mall?
TeamAzul

Apr 21, 2008, 5:22 PM
In bakersfield, CA
cconnectderek

Apr 19, 2008, 2:22 PM
People are stupid nowadays, seems like whenever someone is unhappy, they just shoot someone. I'd love to see a dog tear someone a new one that deserves it.
aavera

Apr 19, 2008, 7:54 PM
Pure1rish said:
I do not think I will be able to keep my job now as my moral insticts kick in.

Fine, quit your job. I'm sure they won't care. It's no skin off their nose.

I will be passing out fliers to all mall employees and customers over the next few days informing them of this danger.

Good for you? As long as they aren't breaking the law, I don't see how this even affects them, aside offering a higher level of protection from criminals.

Isn't this Entrapment?

How the eff is this entrapment? I would LOVE an answer on this one!

Weren't K-9 Dogs introduced by the Nazis?

Does it really matter who introduced them? Wou...
(continues)
dualitycomplex

Apr 19, 2008, 8:53 PM
maybe i can play devils advocate here.

I would have to agree i would not like to work in a mall or building with trained attack dogs, drug sniffing dogs, or armed security if there was not a reason for it.
A mall is not some place i would say needs that kind of security unless its in the middle of a war zone.

Every day people blindly give up personal freedoms under the guise of safety, the government and news media do play on peoples fears and anxiety. How often is there anything positive in the news that is not a fluff story to eat a little bit of time so they can get back to the next grusome murder, or robbery.

Would i quit i doubt it, but i would ask for a transfer, safety reasons being one, the other reasons would be I do no...
(continues)
aavera

Apr 19, 2008, 10:52 PM
First off, let me say thank you for presenting your case in a respectable way.

dualitycomplex said:
I would have to agree i would not like to work in a mall or building with trained attack dogs, drug sniffing dogs, or armed security if there was not a reason for it.
A mall is not some place i would say needs that kind of security unless its in the middle of a war zone.

I think that it truly depends on where the mall is. I know that if they were to bring in dogs for security where I live, I would laugh hysterically at them. But if I were working in a mall in a larger city where more crime took place, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it. If there are known drug deals going on in the area, if ...
(continues)
Jayshmay

Apr 19, 2008, 10:57 PM
Really the only thing I have to say is what do you mean by "Is this 1984?"
player1

Apr 20, 2008, 9:46 AM
The police in my mall have the dogs with them it doesnt seem to upset anybody. Unless you are runnging something out of your store that your not supposed to.
golem22

Apr 20, 2008, 1:36 PM
K9s have the advantage of being able to detect drugs by smell, if there were k9s at my mall perhaps all the drug dealers would stop trying to sell to the kids there.
Ask The Shack

Apr 21, 2008, 9:03 AM
They are called service animals. They aren't "attack dogs", otherwise they wouldn't allow them in public, if they were viciously attacking random people, seeing how they are "attack dogs".

I don't like the idea that they are patroling with service animals, but maybe your mall is a hang out for dope dealers, so they got drug sniffing dogs.

Stop being so drematic, and grow a pair.

BTW, about your nazi refrence, go to any airport, you will see those "nazi attack dogs" there also. I guess the gasstapo controls JFK too, huh?
UOQuack

Apr 21, 2008, 9:35 AM
If these were actually police dogs, I wouldnt mind. Given that they are dogs working with a private security firm, that would bother me too. Maybe not to the same extent as this fellow, but I question the level of training that a private security firm gives their dogs versus the level of training police dogs receive.
MauiBuilt

Apr 21, 2008, 3:15 PM
We do not need more security in our malls. We do not need dogs patrolling around. We do not need cops everywhere. The government should have little to no involvement with our everyday affairs (I.E. a trip to the effin mall).

What we need are responsible, law abiding Americans arming themselves. This is our duty, to protect our freedoms. To protect our children. Dogs cannot stop a mall shooting, but an armed citizen sure can.

If you want guns in the hands of only criminals, if you wany hoardes of dogs and cops patrolling our common areas, and if you don't mind giving up your freedoms to feel a little "safer", then vote Democrat this November.
golem22

Apr 21, 2008, 5:36 PM
ummm this is not the government useing the dogs (in this instance) you realise this dont you 😳

On top of that in order to stop them from useing dogs would probably involve government interference....
MauiBuilt

Apr 21, 2008, 7:00 PM
Yes I realize in this particular case the government isn't involved. But if government was given ALL the power, it would quickly become the government using the dogs. This topic honestly got way out of hand and it really wasn't appropriate to post this in Shop, so sorry about that.

Either way, as far as my opinion goes in this case, I could care less if security patrols the malls with dogs. I'm not smuggling drugs...

And as far as being worried about dogs being in the mall because this guy saw a baby get mauled by a dog one day forever ago.. Well in response to that, I saw a black man shoot a white lady downtown one day.. But I'm certainly not going to pass out flyers at the mall when I see a black guy walking around..
sprintsavyguru

Apr 21, 2008, 6:32 PM
Your freaking retarded they are there to protect you against crazies!
sprintsavyguru

Apr 21, 2008, 6:32 PM
Your freakin retarded who cares they are there to protect against crazys!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.