Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

VZW Question for the Uber Geeks

aorick

Apr 15, 2008, 4:24 PM
I am getting more and more people coming in asking how they can keep people from reading their text messages online. They are hearing that it is possible and that their husband/wife/partner/whatever can do (or has been doing) this. I heave heard that you can, but it costs a couple hundred dollars.
My question: Is this even possible? I have been telling people not to worry that it's not possible. Am I misleading them? TPTB here claim it's not a possibility. Is there a site out there that these people are using? If so does anyone have any information on it?
traegon

Apr 15, 2008, 4:26 PM
Not sure if this helps, but should be standard across all Carriers. I know with Sprint, it would be impossible. The only way someone can get thier txting records is thru Corporate Security via law enforcement/supbeona. It's not something even a customer can request/pay for. It's setup this way due to federal privacy laws, so I would assume it would be the same for Verizon.
eljeffe666

Apr 15, 2008, 4:35 PM
i would say at most all they can get is who they have been texting and how often

but not the actual contents of the message
llama

Apr 15, 2008, 4:40 PM
You can see what numbers are texting, but not the content.
dualitycomplex

Apr 15, 2008, 9:51 PM
need a court order to get them is 100% correct, and they best have a good reason for the court order too, a divorce, or custody battle is not even enough to get them, just ran into that with a customer of mine.

Convinced his wife was cheating on him, wanted text records i told him its impossible but he's more than welcome to use my home phone to call into customer service ( he was being a real pain in the arse about it, poor guy was about to cry i was about to laugh ) and they even confirmed it was impossible to do without a court order.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 16, 2008, 12:18 AM
Why would you want to laugh at someone in that situation? Have you ever been cheated on by someone you were deep in love with? It's one of the worst feelings I know I've ever felt. I know he may have been a jerk about it, but hey, when you're in that kind of situation, he probably didn't care.
vocalist

Apr 16, 2008, 6:22 PM
Well put, good sir.
persistentchaos

Apr 16, 2008, 6:32 PM
I don't know if it happens at Verizon but I found my GF's old phone for us cellular one time and turned it on. Even though it was inactive it still recieved text messages. The scary thing was her current phone still got the messages and she had no idea I was reading them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.