Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

I would like to know ?????

techknowitall

Apr 10, 2008, 1:29 PM
Why the rush to ubp ? is there a catch to this or what??? I just had a CE today and now i go to UBP training on Monday WTF? Not that I'm upset at the fact I was off the phones for 2 hours but why waste the "money"
mogulking

Apr 10, 2008, 1:38 PM
They are converting so fast becasue sprint has to 'rent' p2k, premiere from convergys corp. Nextel owned there own billing system before the merger which is probably one big factor as to why the merger happened. Sprint is cheap lets face it. almost all individual liable customers have been converted and this weekend a hugh corporate conversion will happen. Sprint is trying to save money asap, which i can't blame them for doing but ubp seriously is not fun. I felt like a noob my first week of calls in ubp, and i have been in premiere for 2 years. Good luck cus you'll need it lol 😁
sidbisyo

Apr 10, 2008, 2:03 PM
mogul is right, there is going to be a large scale conversion happening this week. sprint is rushing us reps to learn ubp, i think i heard somewhere that the target for our site would be that we would be all be using ubp by months end..

i was just taken off cdma yesterday, and they trained me for ubp last year. now i'm back to zero..

personnaly, i think ubp sux. it limits what we used to be able to do w/ primiere. 👿
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:22 PM
sidbisyo said:
mogul is right, there is going to be a large scale conversion happening this week. sprint is rushing us reps to learn ubp, i think i heard somewhere that the target for our site would be that we would be all be using ubp by months end..

i was just taken off cdma yesterday, and they trained me for ubp last year. now i'm back to zero..

personnaly, i think ubp sux. it limits what we used to be able to do w/ primiere. 👿

Phooey. UBP beats P2K any day. I'm looking forward to the days where everything is on one billing platform. Maybe then we won't look stupid to our customers. 🤣

"Oh I'm sorry sir, I can't help you there because I can't access your legacy account. Please ...
(continues)
mogulking

Apr 10, 2008, 3:34 PM
i agree that we should have both systems combined 100% but dang they should have gave us a better system. i remember when i started in premiere, i got the hang of it right outta training but with ubp it feels like i have a question for every call.
techknowitall

Apr 10, 2008, 2:44 PM
I'm still not sure... we were told by next weeks end we have to be ubp they have bought out nextal for what 2 yrs now ( I think ) so why now I know we are getting our butts kicked but dang this is a little fast isnt it???
ac4321

Apr 10, 2008, 2:49 PM
August 12th, 2005- Day "0" of merger, first day where companies can start cross training and mixing things together with governmental regulatory approval.

September 1, 2005- Day "1" of merger, first day stores can cross sell.

Yeah, the stores had about a week to learn FDT and other other little systems.

Call centers have had two and a half years and if their bosses decided to rush it now then it's the fault of the call center VPs and directors. Retail never got the option to "transfer to an Ensemble store" we just had to do it.

😛
techknowitall

Apr 10, 2008, 2:52 PM
but we didnt start to take ensemble calls untill a couple of months ago ?????
traegon

Apr 10, 2008, 4:27 PM
I'm in a vendor center, so perhaps that is somewhat different. Well, our center is the oddity out of most anyway, but, we first got Ensemble training about a year and a half ago? We've been taking Ensemble calls for quite a few months.. first Ensemble collections, now also Ensemble care..

and yes... ENSEMBLE BLOWS. 👿 They should have kept paying Convergy's and just converted everyone over to Premiere, because it's much better. Ensemble has /VERY VERY VERY/ few redeeming qualities, especially for those well versed in premiere/p2k. 🙂
deepc185

Apr 10, 2008, 3:45 PM
You will eventually get the hang of UBP. Trust me. The best way to learn it is to just do it.
Personally, there are some things about UBP I do like, but alot of things I hate. If they would just get it to work FASTER that would help alot!
My understanding is that this last conversion batch should have converted the remaining customers out of Premiere/P2K, but I think there are still a few stragglers.
golem22

Apr 10, 2008, 3:54 PM
Actualy maybe even better than being faster would be a bit more stability there is nothing as fun as the entire system freezing and crashing so that you get to do an entire 5 line family plan change AGAIN!!!!!!!
traegon

Apr 10, 2008, 4:53 PM
Even better than speed and/or stability, how about not having to go to 5,000 different places for information? It just needs to be much more user friendly.. it takes me 30 minutes to do what it took me 5 to do in Premiere. Plan changes are just absolutlely laughable. Premiere had infromation all in one place. Plan Changes, Finance Screen (I miss it so much), MOU.
Donna FireHammer

Apr 10, 2008, 7:33 PM
this is day 3 1/2 of taking upb calls (b/c i was so stressed last night i went home early)
upb sucks especially when your week of training was a waste b/c the trainer SUCKED!
My feelings were hurt when i posted about my first experiences in ubp on monday and some ubp know it all told me to pay attention in training. well eff you buddy cuz upb is a total waste. in p2k i could make up a plan and do everything in no time. here it take so much longer b/c the system is sooo dang s-l-o-w!
day after day i am getting it more and more but its rough. and to all those people who didn't have any training i feel for you, too!
traegon

Apr 10, 2008, 7:46 PM
*idly screams and cries like a baby while doing this plan change.* 😢 😡
WhoDey

Apr 10, 2008, 7:45 PM
Ensemble was made for nextel.
Nextel has never had more than around 20MM customers.
Now we're shoehorning 55MM into it.

The fat woman wears a size ten shoe, no amount of force will get a 6 to fit properly.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.