Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

The customer is always right?

princessn1984

Mar 26, 2008, 5:20 PM
I was just looking back at old threads and there was one about the customer is always right... agree or disagree and why?
techknowitall

Mar 26, 2008, 5:24 PM
no not alaws why is a good question its hard to say the fight so hard to be right because they get away with so much even though its wrtong
johnnaglasgow

Mar 26, 2008, 5:27 PM
Not at all. At least half the time they're wrong. 🙂
aavera

Mar 26, 2008, 5:32 PM
at least half of the issues we deal with here (and that's being generous) are customer-created issues.
phonemechanic

Mar 26, 2008, 5:33 PM
yeah, and the other half being customer's-kid-related issues.
techknowitall

Mar 26, 2008, 5:33 PM
😁 but question... why are there so many custy issues?
aavera

Mar 26, 2008, 5:50 PM
Just a guess, but you don't work in a store, do you?

Because they choose not to listen to the sales reps. They get it in their head that they are going be ok on the lowest minute allowance because it's cheap and then end up going over their minutes. Because they drop their phone in the water and chose not to purchase insurance on the device. Because they didn't get the texting package for their 16 year old because "dear daughter won't text if I tell her not to" and then they get the bill for $250 with all kinds of text messaging. Because they didn't listen to the rep about not using streaming radio/ downloading a bunch of movies on their aircard and now they have overage.
princessn1984

Mar 26, 2008, 5:36 PM
Of course the customer is not always right. I know I'm not always right and at times, yes, I am a customer. 😁
T-Mob

Mar 26, 2008, 5:40 PM
I think what we need to remember that it doesn't mean that they are right. We are supposed to make them feel that they are right. My favorite movie quote ever is probably "Customer's always an @$$hole!!" from Mallrats.
techknowitall

Mar 26, 2008, 5:42 PM
but how much is too much. I mean with a customer
T-Mob

Mar 26, 2008, 5:47 PM
If there wrong tell them they are wrong. I personally have had people agree with me when I was wrong(that one time)to shut me up. When I found out that I was wrong, and felt like a real ass.
traegon

Mar 26, 2008, 5:59 PM
No they are not. It's all about how you tell them sometimes, but no, I would say there is actually carrier error, even with Sprint, only about 30% of the time. As one person said above, alot of times it's due to customers not listening or miscommunication on how certain things work, lack of common sense and not reading their bills and terms of service.
Debo

Mar 27, 2008, 10:11 AM
They are however, more often than not just stupid.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.