Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

Shady Indirect

Tmo Slave

Mar 25, 2008, 4:37 PM
So yesterday I had this guy come in who has one line with us and was suppose to have a prepaid with us. He went to the indirect upstairs in our mall and told the guy he wants a prepaid phone with a 1000mins to use when he is in Vegas. So the rep said that the best way is to get flexpay month to month with a 1000 mins. He specifically told the rep that he did not want a contract. The rep said no problem and that he was going to put a fake social security number in because that is how they didn't have to do the contract. The rep gave the customer the first page of the contract but not the other 5 pages. He never had the customer sign anything or went over anything. The rep told the customer it was going to be $80.00. The customer was go...
(continues)
charliegirl

Mar 25, 2008, 4:54 PM
😳
Saint.Patrick

Mar 25, 2008, 5:04 PM
I'm Slim Shady, the real Slim Shady so please stand up, please stand up! 🤣
cc

Mar 25, 2008, 5:22 PM
Agreed! Especially since I work for an indirect that isn't shady (yes of course we hire the bad ones, but they aren't here long).

We used to be branded just simply Att but now our signage shows us as a retailer. At first I didn't like the idea because then people would know upfront that we are a retailer, and not come to us. But now I kind of like it because we are able to portray our company as THE indirect to go to. It helps us separate ourselves from the other guys in town..I won't mention names. 🙂
Fear The Cubans

Mar 25, 2008, 5:46 PM
The indirects around me tell the people coming in to pay their monthly flexpay bills that they need to get a new phone number. The kicker is that the people don't question the shady dealers. HOW DO YOU NOT THINK SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW PHONE NUMBER EVERY MONTH!?!?!?!?
cellphoneguy26

Mar 26, 2008, 9:50 AM
wow they sound more crooked than a politician
BigShowJB

Mar 26, 2008, 10:07 AM
that wouldn't be "The Mobile Pollution" up there would it?
Tmo Slave

Mar 26, 2008, 5:36 PM
No I don't think we have them out here. Atlease I've never had to deal with them.
vocalist

Mar 26, 2008, 3:22 PM
I'll bet he works for The Mobile Solution.

When I worked there, co-workers would change the last number of an SSN until it was approved, and not tell the customer. I had to deal with it when the customers came in complaining that they can't even get help via customer service because their social isn't their social.
donkey_kong86

Mar 26, 2008, 3:33 PM
thats why i dont buy service from indirect dealers just because of thungs like that. i mean it hasnt happened to me but still i'm pretty picky when it comes down to b/s like that
llama

Mar 26, 2008, 3:39 PM
If I was the guy I wuldn't worry about it...it's a fake ssn, wouldn't show up on his credit.
liquidfire

Mar 26, 2008, 3:58 PM
although true, his name is still on it and they will harass him til they get their money. i would go back to the guy who "sold" it to me and beat him within an inch of his life. then call the cops cuz it is fraud and let him rot in jail
llama

Mar 26, 2008, 4:10 PM
I still say don't worry about it. Chargeback for the dealer, no effect to the customer. First call I would say listen, if you control everything by ssn, then you've got the wrong person. Don't call back.

Yes, I know it's fraud, but it's fraud on the dealer's part.
dualitycomplex

Mar 26, 2008, 4:18 PM
am i the only one who is going to wonder if its all just a customer trying to pull a fast one on the agent to get out of a contract, i mean i know there are shadey dealers out ther, i have never worked at a place that did anything like this, I work as a premium agent and we're every bit as good if not better on some levels as the direct people right next door, i dont want to start the direct vs indirect war or anything, but hell did the person who first made this post sell the original phone or were they present, one thing i learned early on in this business is never to take a customers word for anything unless you personally witnessed everything they are talking about transpire.
llama

Mar 26, 2008, 4:19 PM
Mobile Solutions.

They will and do lie, cheat and steal. Period.
dualitycomplex

Mar 26, 2008, 4:22 PM
never heard of em before, and it sounds like i am not missing out on much cept a killer headache.
I AM GOD

Mar 26, 2008, 6:14 PM
They are REALLY shady.
Tmo Slave

Mar 26, 2008, 5:42 PM
Well luckily he came back in with in the 30 day cancellation period. So really he wasn't trying to get out of anything. And he already has an account with us he just wanted a prepaid second line to use.
Donna FireHammer

Mar 28, 2008, 5:48 PM
i like the way you think llama! 😉
aavera

Mar 26, 2008, 4:47 PM
Please, please don't put all indirects into that catagory. We aren't all the same, In some areas the cor stores are the shady ones that pull crap like adding unwanted data, extending your contract and the like.
techknowitall

Mar 26, 2008, 4:48 PM
we already had a big fight once before if need be plz refere to me and mizzsprint fight that should work
aavera

Mar 26, 2008, 4:52 PM
a big fight about what?? Apparently you misread what I said.

Please, please don't put all indirects into that catagory. We aren't all the same, In some areas the cor stores are the shady ones that pull crap like adding unwanted data, extending your contract and the like.

In some areas they are. In some areas the indirects are. You cannot put either store into a good/bad catagory. It depends on the employees and managment at that particular location.
techknowitall

Mar 26, 2008, 5:22 PM
sorry i did miss read and yes your right
aavera

Mar 26, 2008, 4:44 PM
the super shady indirects that pull crap like this all the time. I work for a reputable indirect and have to work twice as hard to uphold our good name because of sleaze balls like this.
liquidfire

Mar 26, 2008, 5:13 PM
x2
player1

Mar 26, 2008, 5:39 PM
All inderect's are shady and cannot be trusted.
aavera

Mar 26, 2008, 5:52 PM
🙄
liquidfire

Mar 26, 2008, 7:55 PM
😈 you better watch yourself 😈
Infomedia

Mar 26, 2008, 8:37 PM
Mobile Solutions...Dirty little indirects they are. I agree with everyone at some point. I work for a indirect dealer as well as most of you all do. And we can't really help how some companies will do anything to get a sale. I work for a reputable indirect that tries to help those that need a phon and not try to force a phone upon them...

For the person that says leave it alone and the first time they call say it's the indirect faults and that fraud should be charged on them. I laugh at you. Even though it wasn't their "doing" of getting the fake social. They still knew about it and payed for it on the side. Sooo in turn it's conspiracy of fraud. Which is about the same punishment for both of them. That's like saying " I didn't murder the...
(continues)
vzman23

Mar 27, 2008, 12:02 AM
you have to be kidding me. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
groundhog_day

Mar 28, 2008, 4:40 PM
FYI I run an indirect location and I cannot count how many times I have fixed something the COR store across town f$ked up. Not all of indirect are that bad
groundhog_day

Mar 28, 2008, 4:38 PM
Ok yea thats messed up but I think we can all agree that customers tend to exaggerate a little sometimes and get their info messed up...mabye thats the case mabye not......
Wyldchylde

Mar 28, 2008, 6:02 PM
Yea I've come across my fair share of shady indirects but it was b/c the people that worked there were shady b*stards and gave them that reputation. Now where I live both indirect and cor have a good reputation.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.