Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Can we say ... um greedy?

Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 6:08 PM
M-Me
C-customer

C-I'd like to set up 2 lines with you guys on the 59.99 family plan.

M-Well great! Let me just get the credit app started and we'll get you all set.

C-Oh and you don't have activation fees right? Like you can waive them for me and everything?

M-Well right now no, we don't have any activation fee promos at this time but the fees will get billed to you so you don't pay for them up front.

C-Oh okay I just hardly have any money on me. And this phone that's free after mail in rebate I could get that free now for signing up?

M-Well for signing up you get the phone for $30 today but you get that back in the mail in rebate, but no I don't have a code to override that. May I see your ID to get the app started?
(continues)
fyredawg

Mar 10, 2008, 6:14 PM
If someone can answer for me why customers expect to get EVERYTHING for free when they sign up for service, I will give you a cookie!
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 6:26 PM
Because with all the free phone promotions and companies giving away everything including the kitchen sink to customers nowadays, they come here and expect things like that.

I believe the companies made the customers what they are.
freedomcapcity

Mar 10, 2008, 7:19 PM
the phone companies had a hand in it, but you cant blame them completely. its the old "give them an inch and they will take a mile". they got something for free or cheap once and now they expect it every time. when will people realize that you have to pay for things???
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 7:50 PM
I don't disagree with you, I just think if there were no free phones to begin with/or "waiving activation fee" promos etc, people wouldn't be apt to ask for them.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 10, 2008, 11:24 PM
Wyldchylde said:
Because with all the free phone promotions and companies giving away everything including the kitchen sink to customers nowadays, they come here and expect things like that.

I believe the companies made the customers what they are.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT!

It's about time.
mogulking

Mar 10, 2008, 6:15 PM
broke people suck. probably wouldnt be so broke if they didnt have $hit credit. deff. greedy though i agree.
greenteajunkie

Mar 10, 2008, 6:17 PM
You should have reffered her to her nearest Sprint store. They'll take her for sure.
fyredawg

Mar 10, 2008, 6:18 PM
Sounds like it WAS a Sprint store...
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 6:23 PM
I do work for Sprint
traegon

Mar 10, 2008, 6:49 PM
Sprint has some of the lowest deposits around, but like every other celphone company, still has them.
greenteajunkie

Mar 10, 2008, 6:28 PM
Oh. Deposit was only $100 per line? Thats cheap. She shouldn't even complaining.
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 6:29 PM
I know right!

She has at&t right now, and I'm pretty sure they have higher deposits then we do. Maybe she's under mommy and daddy's name currently, she was pretty young.
greenteajunkie

Mar 10, 2008, 6:40 PM
Yeah. Our lowest deposit is $150 @ AT&T but sometimes (very rarely) we can get them waived.
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 7:16 PM
Wow really? I didn't think it was possible to get deposits waived.
ajstrong

Mar 10, 2008, 7:55 PM
occasionally with Big Red, we can get them waived, if it's a number from an existing account branching into it's own account, and the original account didn't have a deposit initially either. most of the time though, the customer is SOL. otherwise known as FIX YOUR CREDIT.
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 7:58 PM
It's not like people who have bad credit don't know they have bad credit (unless there was a stolen identity or something and they're in the process of getting it taken care of or they don't know about it.)

But in any case, most people shouldn't be shocked that they have to put down a deposit, ya know?
ajstrong

Mar 10, 2008, 8:04 PM
well, for their ego's sake, they have to be shocked. otherwise, you might think "less" of them. shocker! 👀
Wyldchylde

Mar 10, 2008, 8:19 PM
🤣 I get it now! lol
greenteajunkie

Mar 10, 2008, 8:22 PM
Its a pain in the butt to do it. You just have to keep calling until you get a nice person. I only do it for people that have a $150 deposit because that usually means that they just turned 18 or have little dings on their credit report. The higher deposits I don't even bother with because it's just gonna end up being a charge back anyway. Ther's a reason why their deposit is large, it's cuz they can't pay their friggn bills.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.