Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Sometimes customers make me wonder...

GreenGiant

Mar 6, 2008, 1:08 PM
What kind of crack their on, and where can I get some? Because it must be good. I hear crazy things all day.

"I lost my phone. Can you send me a new one?"
Sure, that's just how it works. Just like in real life. "Oh, I lost my daughter. Can you send me a new one?"

There are points when you can't even think of a response. You have to just mute them, sigh, and shake your head. People should have to take tests to be able to own cellphones. I swear.

"I'm sorry sir/ma'am, but it looks like you do not currently have any insurance on your phone."
"Oh. Can you add it for me so I can make a claim right now?"
...That, right there is what I call a worthy facepalm moment.

If there's one thing I've learned from working in a call center s...
(continues)
charliegirl

Mar 6, 2008, 1:12 PM
GreenGiant said:
So, do you guys have any facepalm or headdesk moments~?

Almost every second of everyday that I am at work is one of those moments. When I finally find a new job, I am not giving notice, I am putting a post-it saying "I QUIT" on my co-workers monitor and walking out.
GreenGiant

Mar 6, 2008, 1:55 PM
Lmao. That's actually a great idea. Or better, open up a MS word and type 'I QUIT' in font size 75, bold, red. 🤣
charliegirl

Mar 6, 2008, 1:58 PM
🤣 That would be good b/c he would get it on his blackberry if I emailed it.
ucantbeserious

Mar 6, 2008, 1:12 PM
every single day of my life, from at least half the calls i take. The people who sit next to me crack up from some of the stuff i tell people. or mute my mic and mouth to myself... ive been gettin pretty ballsy lately.. i need to check myself lol.. my attitude is startin to come out when i get the real idiots...
GreenGiant

Mar 6, 2008, 1:54 PM
lol, I'm the same way.

"Do I have to turn the phone on?"
"...No. It will magically come to life without you doing anything."
Tmo Slave

Mar 6, 2008, 2:33 PM
The question you should have asked is when do you not have a facepalm moment?

Yesterday I had a girl call into the store and said she dropped her new Pearl and now the screen doesn't work. She said its brand new and it shouldn't be doing that. I told her that its not covered under warrenty because she dropped it. She gave me attitude so I asked her for her cell number. I pulled up her account and told her I'm going to add notes on her account that she dropped her phone and thats why her screen is broken. She got mad and hung up.
johnnaglasgow

Mar 6, 2008, 2:54 PM
LMAO! I thought for a minute there I was the only one and was beginning to think I was just getting old and running out of patience for people in general.
traegon

Mar 6, 2008, 4:47 PM
No.. your not the only one. I deal with both the Finance and Care side of Sprint. 🙂

"I know I haven't paid my bill in 6 months, but you should still give me a payment arrangement!"

"Um. No."

"But no one told me if I go over my minutes i'd get charged! ☹️"

" 🤣 It's called reading your bill."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.