Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

and this is how you thank me?

disgruntledtech

Feb 10, 2008, 12:36 AM
So my manager asked me if I could do some overtime because one of the other techs had car trouble. No problem I said I will be there at 10. I get a call at 8:45 asking if I can go to another store to get some fliers for the sales people and I agree. Now keep in mind that the store that I work at and the one they asked me to go to are in two completely different towns and I have to go about 15 miles out of my way to get to the store. My I get a text at 10:10 asking where I was and I said I was on my way to get the fliers from another store. Then she told me that I should have calculated it into my traveling time. So let me get this straight, I am supposed to waste my extra time, spending my gas which I can not get reimbursed for, to do ...
(continues)
Butthead007

Feb 10, 2008, 8:04 PM
This is not the first time and nor will it be the last time where you will get to deal with irrational and stupid people.

Either stress over it or cope. Your choice.
StoreLead

Feb 10, 2008, 8:35 PM
i choose stress. 🙂
vzwcripplesphones

Feb 10, 2008, 11:18 PM
Rule #1: Say NO.

Saying yes for going in early, not a bad thing.

Agreeing to waste your own gas to pick up some fliers for the sales monkeys?

Saying yes=bad thing.
Copper Emeritus

Feb 10, 2008, 11:44 PM
Not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, but you were on the company clock as soon as you walked out the door to go get those fliers. Print this out and show it to your manager/HR Department.

www.dol.gov/esa/whd/flsa/

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.