Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

HEY FELLOW WIRELESS EMPLOYEES

schumilvr

Feb 1, 2008, 11:07 AM
THIS IS FUNNY
So I am sitting at home, actually still in bed. My cell phone rings. It is a customer who got my number from my card. He knows its my cell because he asked "is this ****'S cell.". Well, he goes on to ask me about our plans and says he wants to switch his plan. WHAT!! I am at home. I told him I am at home. He still thinks I can switch his plan. LOL NOT! I told him he need to call the store or customer service. He acted like it was wrong for me to say that. Do customers actually think I have CARES sitting right in front of me at all times? Yes, my company thinks I am so important that they have set up shop on my kitchen table. What next do they want to come to my house to make a payment?
Armand Goldman

Feb 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
What you should have done is after explaining to the customer who had no idea you were not at the store you would have taken care of the rate plan change for the customer when you arrived to work and asked the customer for a contact number so you can go over the wireless plan change at that time. It is called taking ownership of the customer which by doing so would have made the sales relationship stronger with the customer and possibly resulted in referrals or additional products and services from the customer to you. I hope now the customer will not return to you for anything and utilize your company's customer care for everything in the future. BTW in the event you didn't realize, posting a thread header in all capitals is construed as sc...
(continues)
schumilvr

Feb 1, 2008, 11:25 AM
First he did know I was not in the store. I keep his number in my phone because he will only deal with me. I do not work today. That means I did not want him to have to wait until tomorrow to get his change. I'm not complaining about my customer.I was very friendly, I just find it funny. I also know what caps mean. I wanted to get everyones attention. I do take care of my customers. This customer knows I always go the extra mile to help him. That is why he calls me. If I am in the store or even headed there I always take his info and call him as soon as I am in the store. Trust me I do take ownership. I love my customers.
Kyrillion

Feb 1, 2008, 11:41 AM
I know what you mean. I refuse to even talk about work when I go home, let alone actually going over plans.
I work in a call center, so its a little different I guess, but I have called a customer from my cell for business, and they called in the evening one night just to talk. It was kind of funny, but kind of irritating at the same time, so I feel your pain
jonnygee007

Feb 1, 2008, 12:33 PM
Thats Crazy... When I worked for Corporate Nextel we had our MTN's and I was always getting calls on my off time and people think that you are there own personal account manager. Which is fine when in on the clock...
phatbasstard

Feb 1, 2008, 2:27 PM
I consider myself a very helpful sales person and will go way out of my way to help a customer but if my company put my cell number on my business card i would quit!!! 😳 😳
jonnygee007

Feb 1, 2008, 3:18 PM
When I worked for a corporate store they gave everyone a Employee Line since it was a free demo line we had to give it out to customers. But I would never give my personal number to customers
schumilvr

Feb 2, 2008, 12:16 AM
our phones and service are given to us. this is because your phone is a tool to sell. This is how they justify putting your number on your card. If you want a private line only you can purchae a 2nd line.
Armand Goldman

Feb 1, 2008, 3:29 PM
Phatbassard, get in my belly!
whymeohgodwhyme

Feb 2, 2008, 9:58 PM
Armand Goldman said:
Phatbassard, get in my belly!

A moderator will review this message as soon as possible to determine if action is required. You will not receive a reply.

Thank you for taking the time and doing your part to help keep the forums civilized and family-friendly. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Armand Goldman

Feb 2, 2008, 10:14 PM
🤣
whymeohgodwhyme

Feb 2, 2008, 10:19 PM
Armand Goldman said:
🤣

A moderator will review this message as soon as possible to determine if action is required. You will not receive a reply.

Thank you for taking the time and doing your part to help keep the forums civilized and family-friendly. Your help is greatly appreciated!
dznutts

Feb 1, 2008, 8:30 PM
yanno I have had several customers of mine come up to the store because they had a problem with their bill they come up and if im not at work they ask if its possible that they give me a call and have me take care of it! I have had several employee's tell me hey such and such customer came in and said they wanted to add on a line or had problems with their bill and wanted me to call you or have me give out your phone number! To make matters worse I work 6 days a week and ONLY get one day off I have problems with the employees calling me with problems with the company I really dont have the notion to take calls in regaurds to people's problems when im trying to spend time with familly!
Dj Podmaster

Feb 1, 2008, 8:46 PM
If I'm not getting paid to listen to you i simply wont and i will gladly inform you of that.
UOQuack

Feb 2, 2008, 10:32 AM
And people call me crazy for carrying two cell phones...

My work cell phone number is on my business card. My personal cell phone number is for friends and family only. When I'm off, I don't answer my work phone unless it's a co-worker or my boss calling. If it's a customer calling me and it's really important, they will leave a message and I will call them back when I'm working again. No way would I answer my work phone when I'm not working!
schumilvr

Feb 3, 2008, 10:58 AM
I agree. I learned that lesson. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.