Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

"doing more with less"

hoonder sneets

Jan 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
Famous last words! I feel like I work at sprint! So my center director, along with the whole west reigon has decided that even though we are growing like a weed, our leaders have decided not to do any more major hiring to help with our call volume. They will back fill only. Everyone and their mom are basically taking care calls! No career progression out of care anytime soon. And hopefully they will at least let me take escalation calls, those are interesting, and funny sometimes! Regular old care calls are boring. Anyone else feeling the crunches of recession? Shouldn't they hire more during a recession? I don't do economics or politics, skool me peeps!
fyredawg

Jan 21, 2008, 12:58 PM
First of all, don't ever say:

hoonder sneets said:
...skool me peeps!

...again LOL!

Secondly, the reason why we're in a recession in the first place is because companies don't have the money to pay their employees a decent living wage (mostly because the executive fat cats don't wanna take a pay cut, but that's a different discussion for another time). So this is why companies lay people off, then people don't have any money to buy the things they want or need, so the companies don't make any money...see a cycle here?

But I am definitely feeling the crunches here too. I can only hope this changes drastically when Bush, who seems to be more interested in starting wars than taking care of the prob...
(continues)
ImmixGuy

Jan 21, 2008, 1:07 PM
Im with ya fyredog.
hoonder sneets

Jan 21, 2008, 1:07 PM
Cool. I'm delirious with taking so many calls, I couldn't think of any catchy "hook". Another result of the recession, lack of creativity. But we have a pretty decent pay structure, considering it is entry level and no degree required. But I don't know why they would commit to something like this for the whole year! Service level has been in the toilet since before the holidays.
ImmixGuy

Jan 21, 2008, 1:19 PM
Nice, where are you again?
hoonder sneets

Jan 21, 2008, 1:23 PM
Nor Cal vzw customer care. But I am feeling the crunch with cost of living increasing. Its like if I didn't have to pay rent then I would just squeeze by.
ImmixGuy

Jan 21, 2008, 1:43 PM
I hear ya man. I own my home so i know what its like and then some.
hoonder sneets

Jan 21, 2008, 2:01 PM
Well with what gas prices are, car insurance in cal sucks, and prices for everything is inflated based on that already. And the recession on top all of that. Even buying bread sucks! I want to go move to Alaska and go survivorman style. Who's comin' with me?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.