Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

verizon customer care centers

vzace

Jan 8, 2008, 1:35 PM
i am currently a verizon indirect rep and i am expecting a baby by august and the hours arent worth the money. i was wondering if any verizon customer care reps could let me know how mucht they make an hour and how many hours they work per week. i am located in ohio so if any of you are from ohio that would be a little better but all feedback is appreciated. Thank you!
chainsaw

Jan 8, 2008, 3:43 PM
I know they paid around 12 an hour to start two years ago when I looked there. I'm in SLC, UT.
vzace

Jan 9, 2008, 10:03 AM
ok thank you
504lady

Jan 9, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well, in Houston the Verizon customer care center starts off at $14/hr with excellent benefits and hours!
donkey_kong86

Jan 9, 2008, 11:34 AM
oh yeah thats right? where's it at again?
OSUfan

Jan 9, 2008, 3:45 PM
Here in Columbus they start at 28k a year which comes out to be just under 14 a hour plus yearly bonuses depending on your performance through out the year.

But needless to say the hours suck!! They go off of seniority at least when I was there..

My training class was from 3-11:30
duckbutter

Jan 9, 2008, 6:24 PM
Do you work for a premium agent? If so you can't get a job for at least 6 months with vzw after you leave your indirect.
just_asking

Jan 10, 2008, 1:33 PM
My manager quit radio shack and went to work with verizon as a manager in training. This was before RS went with att. So if there is a six month wait, it can be broken.
duckbutter

Jan 10, 2008, 1:58 PM
radio shack wasn't a premium agent. You can't sell any other company but verizon to be eligible for the program.
gozvzw

Jan 10, 2008, 2:33 PM
Are you sure? I have not heard that ever I do know my company makes you sign a non compete but Verizon has nothing to do with that, are you sure you aren't just thinking of that? Or is the owner of you premium retailer just telling you that so you don't leave and go to Verizon?
duckbutter

Jan 11, 2008, 4:03 PM
If you are a premium retailer it is in the agreement. I actually know of somebody that left our company and got hired by Verizon. Once Vzw looked into it a little further and found out who she worked for they said we can't hire you for 6months. I'm not saying you couldn't get by with it but thats how it is supposed to work.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.