Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Home Phone Number?

Tmo Slave

Oct 9, 2007, 10:02 PM
God I hate when I ask a customer what their number is and they say oh its xxx-xxx-xxxx. I enter it in the system "No Customer Found". I then ask them are you sure that is your number? 'Oh I gave you my home phone number'

Why on earth would I want their home phone number? I mean come on you are at the cell phone store so I need your cell phone number!!! Jesus I hate that, I want to hit them over the head.

Or the other thing is when they want to do an upgrade or replace the phone. I ask for the number that we are replacing. Then they say well the main number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. WTF? I don't want that number.

Why is it so hard to follow instructions? ๐Ÿ˜ก
OfAMightDivine

Oct 9, 2007, 10:26 PM
Because you're obviously expecting WAAAAY too much from them. They're very busy people! They cannot be expected to know something like their own cellphone number! Isn't that what they pay YOU for anyways? /sarcasm.
skippyvan

Oct 10, 2007, 12:29 PM
"I dont know the number I never call myself"

FU retard
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 10, 2007, 3:14 PM
skippyvan said:
"I dont know the number I never call myself"

FU retard

It makes me shudder with anger everytime I hear that statement. And surprisingly enough, it comes out quite often.

I usually ask them, "Then what is it you tell people when they ask for your number so they can call you?"

I get a lot of ๐Ÿ˜ณ in response.
wirelessad

Oct 9, 2007, 10:27 PM
i hate it too...but honestly what i found out you have to do to stop the stupidity almost entirely is ask them what is your CELL phone number or what is the number you want to upgrade...then if they give you the wrong one, they are a complete idiot
Tmo Slave

Oct 10, 2007, 12:06 PM
See I thought the that maybe the customer was just confused so I did start asking for their CELL PHONE number. And they still gave me their home phone number. ๐Ÿคจ
robtheman

Oct 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
I would rather deal with that problem than the people that don't know what their cell phone number is.
Tmo Slave

Oct 10, 2007, 12:28 PM
Well the problem is that after they realize they gave you their home number they can't remember their cell number. Its so much fun standing there for 10 mins while they search through their phone for the number.
robtheman

Oct 10, 2007, 3:40 PM
Why don't you just ask them for their phone and get the number yourself? It's a lot faster.
satch of the moe

Oct 10, 2007, 8:42 AM
wireless customers have problems following instructions or whipping their as*es without help

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.