Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Again with the old people

kapwww

Sep 1, 2007, 10:29 AM
Old people keep thinking that for some reason, I can make up anything they want. I can just pull it out of rear and there ya go.

I won't give you a free phone on prepay. I know your son bought a trac fone for $19.99, but you yourself said it doesn't work anywhere around here. I can't make a trac fone with on our VZW service.

I won't give you a plan for $9.99 a month with unlimited calling to anyone anytime. I understand that you are retired and on a limited budget. That doesn't mean I can make up a plan. How have you managed to get by for the last 65 years without a cell phone?

If you would just shut up, quit complaining, and listen to what I'm trying to tell you, I understand that you should not have been charged for that...
(continues)
krickt

Sep 1, 2007, 12:57 PM
I have found that with both old people, and brats, that if you just stare at them, after you've finished explaining, and not say another word until they either a) shut up, or b) ask a question you haven't answered already, they will usually leave the store grumbling under their breath.

We've trained our local brats to expect us to call their parents (sometimes while they are in the act of swearing/cussing/yelling) to ask if they are still on their meds. We don't get a lot of brats pitching fits any more.

Side Story!

We were in one of those gift/tshirt shops in Jackson Hole, WY in July, and there was a tweenybopper in there hollering about the fact that the store didn't carry chargers or headsets for the iPhone (which didn't wor...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Sep 1, 2007, 1:14 PM
so there are some real holes in Jackson Hole ... interesting...
lilmegan

Sep 1, 2007, 6:01 PM
We had an old guy walk into our call center the other day asking about upgrading his phone.
3gee

Sep 2, 2007, 1:04 PM
My favorite is when they act all nice and try to be your best friend only later to want you to give them something free. You say no, and they're all like "what I thought we were friends, I remind you of your grandmother don't I?" Let me tell you something lady, I sold my grandmother her phone and she didn't ask me for a discount so no.... now give me moneys or get the hell out.

Jeez I am in a bad mood today for some reason.
😡
Cellfoneslinger

Sep 2, 2007, 1:38 PM
If one more person that should have died long ago comes up to me and tells me I sold them a bad battery I am going to snap their low density bones like twigs. You have to TURN YOUR PHONE ON, yes you have to press the power button and no its not funny you didn't know that so stop laughing like an idiot.

And now that we put those covers over the charging port none of them know how to charge their phones. Next time I have to show anyone how to flip the cover open to expose the charging port I may very well throw their phone and say fetch you dumb dog.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.