Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Vzw.. now a car repair shop?

HisRebel

Aug 11, 2007, 3:29 PM
Cust is standing in line in customer service. He comes up to my counter holding a car charger.

Me: Hi, How can I help you today.

Him: Yeah, my friend used this on his lg8500 for a year then it quit working. He gave it to me about 2 weeks ago, and it stopped again.

Me: Okay, I can swap that out for you.

Him: No. I want you to fix my car.

Me: Uh.. sir, Verizon is a cell phone carrier, we don't fix cars.

**At this point I'm looking around for the damn camera cause I think I'm on some stupid candid camera show, while the other customer service reps are trying not to laugh**

Him: I just want you to fix my car.

Me: 😕 Um. Id be glad to charge you the $50 that a car shop would require to look at the car. But again. I ONL...
(continues)
Haloren

Aug 11, 2007, 3:33 PM
🤣
ShackViperElite

Aug 11, 2007, 3:58 PM
It can get worse...

I'm a Radio Shack ASM and of course, we have all the said parts to fix what you mentioned. We just can't do it for the customer. I can't tell you how many times a person will come in and demand we fix something... Just had something similar happen recently...

Me: How can we help you sir?

Him: I need a battery.

Me: Which one, we have a lot.

Him: I don't know. I need my cell phone charger to work.

Me: Your cell phone charger uses a battery?

Him: No, the car does.

Me: ... ok ... Are you using a car charger?

Him: I can't because the car doesn't work anymore.

Me: So you want a battery for your car?

Him: If that's what will make it work again.

Me: We don't exactly carry batteries for c...
(continues)
ATTMark

Aug 11, 2007, 4:27 PM
ya i had a lady come in with a vtech cordless phone from the 80's demanding we replace her battery .

me
"mam, not only is that NOT a cellular phone, its 25 years old."

her
"isnt the customer always right?"

me
"absolutly not, you have a cordless phone you want a 30 year old battery replaced for free."

her
"i wonder if your manager would replace it, then fire you for the way you are treating me."

me
"i wonder if he will be able to hold in his laughter like i did. be sure to tell him what you want and he will gladly laugh err i mean help you."

people are so ****ing stupid.
Mr. Pickman

Aug 11, 2007, 5:00 PM
WEIRD! The same thing happened in my store today!
HisRebel

Aug 11, 2007, 5:07 PM
Haha... maybe cause it WAS your store... weirdo
Guy Montag

Aug 11, 2007, 9:14 PM
Lol, I wish we could get a transcript of his call to customer service and hear how they were going to help him get his car fixed!
Dj Podmaster

Aug 12, 2007, 7:09 AM
I'm in a "all in one" store that sells internet home phones cable and cell phones for one provider.

I had a cx come in carrying her keyboard and spent the next 30 minutes telling me that our internet destroyed her coffee stained keyboard and demanded i give her a new one.

Me- How can i help you today?

Cx- *throws keyboard down on my counter* Your @##$% internet ruined my keyboard and I rely on it for my business so i need it replaced right away.

Me-*attempting to remain serious my coworkers and their Cxs start laughing* I HIGHLY doubt our internet service ruined your keyboard, but if you need it replaced right away for your business, there is a radio shack down the street who can sell you a new one since we don't sell them her...
(continues)
Guy Montag

Aug 12, 2007, 1:11 PM
Lol, he/she had you there. 😉

I like how your internet ruined their keyboard. Is it scary that they can run a business but not deduce that simply running someones internet service in the intended manner couldn't possibly ruin a key board? 😕
kapwww

Aug 13, 2007, 8:25 AM
People like her are responsible for half the crap on ebay, which is why I spend very little if any money on that site.
katrina

Aug 12, 2007, 3:53 PM
But I have a Verzon Wireless car, the Verizon Wireless Golf. Would you fix that one?

👀 😉 🤣
V4Vengeance

Aug 12, 2007, 3:56 PM
Have people ever asked you to "cancel the Internet"? (Sorry, that's not something we support!)
Dj Podmaster

Aug 13, 2007, 6:03 AM
yea people always come in to cancel their other services. I can cancel them but not cell phones (they have to call CX service for that). It annoys me cause i have to switch computer systems to do anything non-wireless. (Alt +TAB is to much effort in the morning 😁 lol)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.