Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 60 replies

Ten Year + customer deals

superflyone

Nov 14, 2004, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I am posting this in two places...I have been a customer wtih Cingular for over ten years. I am receiving a credit for purchasing a V600 out of pocket (paid $200 for it) since they could not get it for me. I WILL NOT sign a new contract, although I am still under contract until next summer.

My question is...When I call to receive my credit, I would also like them to give me some features free too...Previously had a phone that did not do picture messaging, but I have 100 FREE text messages on my account due to an issue several years ago that they overcharged me and gave me that as a incentive to stay.

Any chance a regional/area manager (spoke to rep, then supervisor, then this guy-area? manager) will give me the following (one...
(continues)
JJMcClain

Nov 14, 2004, 12:02 PM
Sorry, but just because you have been a customer for so long does not entitle you to get everything you want for free. You should not expect everything for free. You get to pay for it just like everyone else. Look at every other company you do business with, has Bell South ever sent you a free phone or answering machine? Does your credit card company give you a free month with no interest? Power company give you free electricity?
That's not saying Cingular appreciates your business, but keep in mind they are not a Non Profit Organization.
HolmesSPH

Nov 14, 2004, 1:27 PM
how about this... because cingular has given you so many years of good service how about you pay them double for a couple months??? haha the tables have now turned... Dont like it do you???

You are not a charity case be happy to be in america and have the thins we have people like you make my job hell all day long and it's sad!!!
OB1J3D1

Jul 3, 2006, 3:05 PM
FYI,
Credit cards do exactly that for loyal customers.
cheerios

Jul 21, 2006, 4:59 PM
Actually if you've been with a credit card company for a long time and you call them and tell them so and ask for a lower interest rate they can give it to you. I saw it on Oprah last week and my mom tried it, it really does work. I think companies should reward their long time customers or people are going to get fed up and quit altogether. What is a company with no customer's? Really?
Pslim77

Jul 22, 2006, 3:04 PM
Your kidding right?! This is a BUSINESS. We give you good service that you pay for. In return if you sign up for morew great service we give you a subsidized price on oyur phone,
Mail in Rebates,and the opportunity to cancel.
Go ahead and get mad. Every company works the same way. If you owned a shipping company that did not charge shipping fees, how long do you think you would stay in business for? You and eveyone who thinks they are owed something are the dumbest parasites on the face of the planet. I have had cable in my house for 20 years. Does that entitle me to movie channels for free??? NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!!I have have paid my mortgage on time for the last 30 years.
Does this mean that the finance company should drop the interewst t...
(continues)
cheerios

Jul 22, 2006, 4:34 PM
You spelled moron wrong idiot. I don't sell Cingular for starters I do sell Verizon and Nextel. I'm not saying that every company is always going to cut you a break that's completely unrealistic but yes some companies will when your a loyal customer. Just look at Verizon they send out special deals and coupons to certain customers, so even the cell companies cut you a break every now and then. I get free movies often from my cable company. Thank god everyone in this world is as narrow minded as you are.
cheerios

Jul 22, 2006, 4:40 PM
isn't as narrow minded i mean
Pslim77

Jul 22, 2006, 3:08 PM
Oh yeah! how can you quit something that you can't take away from your ear? Cell Phones are more addictive than cigarettes as far as I'm concerned. Everyone needs them. That's why companies are making phones for children now.
bradleyt78

Nov 16, 2004, 10:13 AM
HomlesSPH and JJMcClain could not have said it better! I just don't understand why people such as yourself feel like thing should be handed to you! Let me ask you, do you walk into McDonald's and say, "Hey, I have been coming here since I was a child, back when Happy Meals were in big cardboard boxes and the free toys were cool. I'd like my meal to be free today, plus, supersize it. Oh yeah, and I want it free for the next three months since I have been such a loyal customer!" This is basically what you are asking of Cingular, or any wireless company. You already recieved a credit of $200 and now you want a bluetooth headset ($99), wired headset ($25), car charger ($30), and a free internet package of $19.99 a month. YOU ARE REDICULOU...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 7:32 PM
You actually beleive those accessories cost those prices? ๐Ÿคฃ

You actually believe most all of the services provided by telecoms cost what they charge? ๐Ÿคฃ

Are you freaking kidding me?

Amazing to me how people fail to realize that these business that enjoy huge government subsidies (payed for by taxpayers) are charging more then ever for the same services they offered decades ago. For example, a regular landline phone.

In short, get over yourself and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
chainsaw

Jul 1, 2006, 7:35 PM
You really like to put people down don't you.
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 7:36 PM
I have little patience for ignorance and am unwilling to coddle those who fail to learn and/or educate themselves beyond what they are told.
guido1869

Jul 1, 2006, 7:53 PM
of course cingy marks their services and accessories up that's what every company in america does, how else is a company gonna make money

how long do you think any company will be in business if it sells everything for the same price (or less which is what this guy is asking for) that they paid for it

the answer - not long

the guy has had service for 10 years and it's obviously good or he would've canceled a long time ago

why isn't 10 years of good service enough of a reward for payin your bill for 10 years

and yes those accs cost those prices because if they don't give them to this guy then they sell them to someone else for those prices
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 7:58 PM

how else is a company gonna make money

I already answered that; government susidies.

As for markup on price, yes that is to be expected, however surely you would agree markups of 50% and above are a bit excessive.

Those same "expensive" accessories are not priced the same in other countries. Americans can pay more, so they charge more; plain and simple.
guido1869

Jul 1, 2006, 8:10 PM
most electronics have huge mark ups, go buy a usb cable at best buy you'll pay up to 30 dollars and best buy paid 1
if the cust is willing to pay those prices then they aren't getting ripped off because they must see the value in the purchase
value is a matter of opinion not a mathmatical formula
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 9:06 PM
I see your point, but disagree.

Taking advantage of a conceived notion, such as the difficulty of manufacturing a device, is a bit much in my opinion.
mysticfeline03

Nov 16, 2004, 12:05 PM
superflyone said:
Hi,

I am posting this in two places...I have been a customer wtih Cingular for over ten years. I am receiving a credit for purchasing a V600 out of pocket (paid $200 for it) since they could not get it for me. I WILL NOT sign a new contract, although I am still under contract until next summer.

My question is...When I call to receive my credit, I would also like them to give me some features free too...Previously had a phone that did not do picture messaging, but I have 100 FREE text messages on my account due to an issue several years ago that they overcharged me and gave me that as a incentive to stay.

Any chance a regional/area manager (spoke to rep, then supervisor, then this guy-area? ma
(continues)
mysticfeline03

Nov 16, 2004, 12:06 PM
what you need is a reality check...lol...i hope i get your call!!! ๐Ÿ™„
spidermon

Jul 1, 2006, 7:04 PM
this is the best example Ihave found on this forum of a dumb a$$ customer what a total prick like he deserves so much I think that the bar should give me free beer for a month because I have been going there so often because of dickweeds like this guy. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 7:17 PM
You must be quite proud of your youth and ignorance by the way you so exuberantly exhibit both.
sowhatsowhat10

Jul 1, 2006, 7:22 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Whitehorse

Jul 1, 2006, 10:21 PM
eschew necroposting!!! ๐Ÿ˜
captainplooky

Jul 2, 2006, 12:44 PM
๐Ÿคญ

Didn't see the date ๐Ÿคฃ
Whitehorse

Jul 2, 2006, 5:36 PM
No problem, you didn't initiate the necroposting, so it was a living post when you replied! ๐Ÿ˜‰
guido1869

Jul 2, 2006, 9:14 PM
i didn't see the date either
MrMongaloyd

Jul 19, 2006, 8:23 PM
Does this count? ๐Ÿคฃ
OB1J3D1

Jul 3, 2006, 3:09 PM
You've never gotten a free beer due to customer loyalty? You must be a HUGE tipper.
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 7:27 PM
As you should be able to tell from the responses you have received thus far, the high turn-over rate of representatives in the wireless industry tends to skew the representatives you do deal with into the category of being highly incompetent, gullible, greedy, and/or all the above.

These people forget or have no understanding of what word of mouth advertising means, and have no sense of what "loyalty" is in general, let alone within their company. (I blame society - disposable, consumable, replaceable, and poor quality seem to take precedent nowadays over true quality.)

Now factor in the "deals" used to get new customers while not making any accommodations for those customers who are established and loyal, and you will see that the in...
(continues)
spidermon

Jul 1, 2006, 7:44 PM
what is it with you plook you always take a topic which is normally funny and make it so boring when all you want to do is prove to everyone how incredibly smart you are dude who cares just make a funny comment like the person before you did and stop trying to show everyone how long your dick is nobody cares you are like a loft apartment over a really great party a total bore man ๐Ÿ˜Ž
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 7:55 PM
Yeah...what corporations like Telecoms are doing to our country sure is funny stuff.

It sure is funny that while corporations and the suits at those corporations make billions in profits their blue-collar employees can barely make ends meet due to their paltry wages and disappearing pensions.

It sure is funny how we are poisoning ourselves in our water, food, air supply simply so these corporations can make that extra dollar.

Grow up.
chainsaw

Jul 1, 2006, 8:14 PM
If you hate the U.S.A. and all its mega corporations why don't you move? Oh wait, things like this happen in every country. Damn the man!
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 9:04 PM
...and that makes it acceptable?

Enjoy your status quo.
chainsaw

Jul 1, 2006, 9:16 PM
I never said it was acceptable.
spidermon

Jul 2, 2006, 2:30 PM
you are so funny plook what are you talking about you always sound like you are reading your posts out of a book dude you are not tha inteligent as evidenced by the fact that you work in this industry haha and yes i happen to find it very funny that the company i work for is making billions while i make dick but then again wha else do i have to do with my afternoons at least I get the company of other wireless employees a very intelligent group indeed ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Whitehorse

Jul 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
Don't trust anybody!!! Ron Popiel is cool!!!
satch of the moe

Jul 2, 2006, 7:40 AM
lol. i do agree with you on the at&t thing with you info is ours to give out is bs. No one should be able to do that. Just think u need to relax a little also. Have some beer/ hard liquer. Get it on with a chick/ guy if thats your thing or if u r a girl sorry i dont know. Or go for the 3 some. ๐Ÿ˜ณ. ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ณ i believe that says it all
alejandro

Jul 2, 2006, 11:49 AM
the captain is bunked up on a sub with a bunch of other men though!
satch of the moe

Jul 3, 2006, 8:24 AM
wow like sardines in a can. Umm maybe he likes his semen..... ๐Ÿคฃ i know to far but i could not help it. ๐Ÿ‘€
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 2, 2006, 1:07 PM
Have you ever had a threesome? ๐Ÿคจ
Whitehorse

Jul 2, 2006, 5:37 PM
She's not talking about switching hands, now... ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿคฃ
satch of the moe

Jul 3, 2006, 8:17 AM
๐Ÿคฃ damn you caught me ๐Ÿคญ umm but insert witty name here willing if u are. u r a chick right? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 3, 2006, 10:04 AM
No, I'm a dude. ๐Ÿ‘€
satch of the moe

Jul 3, 2006, 12:10 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i swore i seen you post somewhere else that you were a girl. damn this site needs to put a m or f option by name for male or female to quit these gay moments. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. sorry bout thought. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ๐Ÿคญ
Don.Mobile

Jul 3, 2006, 12:12 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
satch of the moe

Jul 3, 2006, 12:37 PM
washing out mouth with soap. i think i feel sick. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Don.Mobile

Jul 3, 2006, 12:40 PM
Did you know if you wash your mouth out with soap and then puke, the word gullible will be visible in the toilet?
burgundy

Jul 2, 2006, 2:51 PM
I feel like I'm the only one who sees the humor in this. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ Come on people, this is obviously a joke, but I also do have to deal w/ people who think like this. I just tell them that we can't make any of the fees go away, then I tell them to go away, I'll give up an activation to not have to deal w/ them every day for the next two years. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ณ
uscingulair

Jul 3, 2006, 9:55 AM
Another customer wanting free stuff. Hey I have been wearing Nike's for 28 years if any body deserves to get free sh!t it is me
OB1J3D1

Jul 3, 2006, 3:17 PM
Then take some of those used nikes and go to Niketown. You do know that they take old nikes and give you new ones right?
chainsaw

Jul 3, 2006, 3:38 PM
I think its funny that this post if from nov of 2004
Willwise

Jul 3, 2006, 10:05 AM
I dint think its wrong to ask for a loyalty discount but you did get a huge rebate on your phone without renewing your contract so I would take that and be happy with it asking for a free $100 dollar headset seems a little greedy
uscingulair

Jul 3, 2006, 10:43 AM
I'm just sick of every day someone coming into the store and DEMANDING free stuff because they have been a "loyal" customer for so long. I don't do that sh!t, I have been a customer for so long because there product is good enough to spend my hard earned money on. The customer that wanted all the credits and free access. more than likely had way more than enough money to pay there where just cheep as hell. All the while this salesman is wasting there time on this cheap skate when they could be selling stuff they get commission on.
krickt

Jul 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
It's an 9 month old thread. Someone is just pulling your chain. We have a theory about customers like these. They need to go to the corporate store, maybe they can give away hundreds of dollars of features and accessories, I surely can't afford to.
guido1869

Jul 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
look at the year again it's a little older than 9 months
krickt

Jul 3, 2006, 3:12 PM
Good point. I just looked at the month, not the year. Should we have a burial ceremony?
disturbed1

Jul 22, 2006, 9:24 AM
Who resurrected this ANCIENT post? Did no one notice that it was written in Nov. 2004?

๐Ÿคจ
Pslim77

Jul 22, 2006, 3:08 PM
NOPE
Pslim77

Jul 22, 2006, 3:11 PM
But I hope people would still read this who are coming here to complain and are not a rep.
Hopefully they will get the picture.
cheerios

Jul 22, 2006, 4:35 PM
Who care's?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.