Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 44 replies

wow i couldn't belive this

JenniferVZRep3093

Jul 9, 2007, 7:29 PM
Updated: 8:23 p.m. ET July 9, 2007
NEW YORK - Sprint Nextel Corp, which recently launched an advertising campaign to attract new customers, is disconnecting more than 1,000 subscribers for calling its customer service lines too often and making what the company called unreasonable requests.

The No. 3 U.S. wireless provider with 53 million customers said on Monday it started sending service termination letters on June 25. Sprint said the cancellations involved 1,000 to 1,200 customers who had called the company about 40,000 times a month in total.

Now how’s that for customer service?

...just wanted opinions...
attwork

Jul 9, 2007, 7:33 PM
this should help regular customer with wait/que times....not as many "regulars" calling in to complain about stupid things clogging up the line when people with legitimate problems are trying to call in.
JenniferVZRep3093

Jul 9, 2007, 7:41 PM
wow....here here

verizon are you listening?

well they wouldn't do anything like that they would lose first call resolution for sure....
attwork

Jul 9, 2007, 7:46 PM
oh god, if at&t did that i think at least 50,000 people would get "cut off"
p_ariel

Jul 16, 2007, 9:45 AM
🤣
so true!
Blumpelstiltskin

Jul 16, 2007, 9:48 AM
I wish I could cut people off on the store level 😁
64kwireless

Jul 9, 2007, 7:46 PM
no joke,
people calling in customer service 40 times a month... i costs the company about $7 per call !!!!! That adds up for the company's bottom line.. F-ck Stupid Ignorant Customers.
JenniferVZRep3093

Jul 9, 2007, 7:52 PM
if you are in customer service, you can seriously have at least 10 minutes of fun just reading through the notes...these idiots never cease to amaze me. ever.
attwork

Jul 9, 2007, 7:55 PM
yeah, i love those accounts....

i talked to this really crazy lady once and after the call i had to go back and read the prev notes just to get a good laugh....i swear i read those notes for like 3 days straight in between calls. all of them were from her calling in asking for credits and demanding ridiculous requests that no one short of god could have helped her with.
M15TER P1NK

Jul 10, 2007, 1:30 PM
i think i had that lady in my store... was she asking for credits for overpaying by 150 dollars a month for the past 3 years because her family plan was set up wrong?

yeah im not kidding ... about two weeks ago i had a lady in saying that she was on the phone with customer care for 4 hours yesterday and they sent her here... (we dont handle billing issues so... either cc was being cute sending this bag full of crazy my way or she was lying) when her family plan was set up ... 3 years ago... one of the phones didnt get a plan of anykind... so they have been paying $0.45 a minute for the past three years... and now she wants all that money that she overpaid back because when she upgraded it was brought to her attention that she was overpayi...
(continues)
just_asking

Jul 10, 2007, 2:10 PM
My question is, if the situation was reversed, and (Name a cell company) was under charging, would they go after the customer?
M15TER P1NK

Jul 10, 2007, 2:30 PM
it would probably be fixed in under three years... and it would be brought to the custys attention... they wouldnt just get a call outta the blue one day "hi this is sprint it has been brought to our attention that weve been under billing you for the past three years by about $150 a month so your next bill is gonna be about $5400 more than your average bill... k ... thanks"
jestcuzzgrl

Jul 10, 2007, 8:41 AM
Thats not very many if you ask me.. 1-1,200? 😕
poweredup

Jul 10, 2007, 1:50 PM
its not! they are making such a big deal and like the morning show stated "this might be the end of sprint" ummmmm no, its not like we are terminating 1 million customers!!! hell we get more than 1000 customers sign up for service in a day, ppl just like looking at the negative i guess. but yes it will teach them a lesson for the most part but then again if they are calling in more than a few hundred times a month then they are just hard headed and it will only make them complain somewhere else.
satch of the moe

Jul 10, 2007, 8:43 AM
screw them they need to go to the bar and get laid or find out what its like to have a real life. 😁
Foamy

Jul 10, 2007, 1:12 PM
That's good and bad.

It's good because that should teach them a lesson.

It's bad because that means they're probably coming my way now (VZW). 👀
BigShowJB

Jul 10, 2007, 1:43 PM
I was just thinking "gee, these people are all oing to go to Verizon and have the same problems and clog up their CS lines....oh, darn...."
I just hope for the forum's sake, none of them go to T-Mobile, because nikoletta will get everylast one of them and we will hear about every last one of them.....
DJ Parkay

Jul 10, 2007, 1:53 PM
Everyone knows spit's cust. svc. is the absolute worst.
poweredup

Jul 10, 2007, 1:57 PM
agreed to a point but i hope your carriers cs can help the ppl we are letting go.
DJ Parkay

Jul 10, 2007, 1:59 PM
Ill activate them all the tell them to FO. They will be used to it coming fro Spit.
poweredup

Jul 10, 2007, 2:01 PM
🤣 well if you can keep them from churning within the 180days then you would be rolling in the money. so wait till day 181 to tell them to FO. 😉
M15TER P1NK

Jul 10, 2007, 3:56 PM
hell common knowladge would be that you just cant deal with some people... and now we know the exact percent of people that just cant be delt with... and that would be .002% thats your number... if youre ever in a situation such as the superbowl... or an olimpic stadium... keep in mind that at least one person in that crowd cant be helped... theyre going to complain about absolutly everything thats going on no matter what...
V4Vengeance

Jul 10, 2007, 5:51 PM
M15TER P1NK said:
hell common knowladge would be that you just cant deal with some people... and now we know the exact percent of people that just cant be delt with... and that would be .002% thats your number... if youre ever in a situation such as the superbowl... or an olimpic stadium... keep in mind that at least one person in that crowd cant be helped... theyre going to complain about absolutly everything thats going on no matter what...

I agree - I'm sure they did the calculations to figure out how much revenue vs. cost came from these folks before deciding it was in the company's best interest to set them free. Hopefully other carriers will follow suit, so that incurable malcontents will stop tryin...
(continues)
M15TER P1NK

Jul 11, 2007, 11:44 AM
im sure that at least half of the custys canceled heard from a friend of a friends cousin that if you b!tch enough to enough people in a cell phone company that you will get exactly what you want... which used to be true... until now... finnally a company realized that meeting excessive demands for customers loses money... and they are better off without them...

Quality > Quantity...
cellb1tch

Jul 16, 2007, 9:41 AM
how about the customers having some respect for the people working? i understand the concept of customer service...however some people, i think, don't deserve it. i'm tired of getting yelled at every day by the same people!! i wish the company i work for would do this.

i think spring has a great idea here, especially when they're technically losing money because of these people!!
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 10:28 AM
This is what one of our higher up managers sent out to our area:

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL RETAIL EMPLOYEES

Team:

In a day or two BLANK BLANK, a Sprint customer, will be receiving a letter terminating his service with Sprint within 30 days. Without going into details our company has made the wise decision of terminating service of this customer.

Mr. BLANK has yet to receive this letter but he will receive it in a day or two.

If he comes into the store please indicate to him we will contact the police if he does not leave the store. If he contacts any of you please tell him not to call and disconnect the phone. There is no one else to direct him to and the decision is final by our legal and corporate security team.
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jul 16, 2007, 10:31 AM
How hard is the temptation NOT to check the account notes?
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 10:38 AM
you have no idea especially when they give you the account number
ralph_on_me

Jul 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
Does it log your info if you open the account or just if you change something?
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 10:46 AM
both
cellb1tch

Jul 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
did you read his account?
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
no, they scared me into thinking theyre checking for our usernames on the account. i want to though, I'd like to see what he did that was so bad
ralph_on_me

Jul 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
send the account number to one of your friends and ask them to read the notes to you. Maybe they'll do it without thinking and you'll get the details.
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 10:47 AM
haha yeah.. no one in the district is allowed to do it but if someone who is not in the midwest region wants to ill send it to them.. then they can send me all the notes haha
ralph_on_me

Jul 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
Sprint, right? I know someone who works for a Spring Agent in WI, but they wont be at work until tommorrow.
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 10:57 AM
agents can't look up notes. they have to work in a corporate store to be able to see all the notes on an account
ralph_on_me

Jul 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
She still has friends at the local corp store where she used to work. 😁
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
haha this could be fun
ralph_on_me

Jul 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
We've gotta wait a day, but it can be done.

I bet they assaulted an employee or something.
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
i was imagining death threats to customer care. we get those all the time but no one cares when you work in the retail stores
dilligaff1

Jul 16, 2007, 11:19 AM
I wish i worked for Sprint for a day. 😳
mooiscoow

Jul 18, 2007, 2:15 PM
WHAT HAPPEN!!!!
DeepFryerDan

Jul 18, 2007, 2:16 PM
i dunno.. im not allowed to check otherwise i would let you all know haha
mooiscoow

Jul 18, 2007, 2:23 PM
DO IT!!! I won't tell! I would play dumb girl. Oh you said not to look. My bad.
cody-craig

Jul 16, 2007, 7:58 PM
I'm proud of them. If these customers were averaging 40 calls a month then they deserve to get booted. Either they just like to b*tch, in which case the above applies, or they are really having so many problems that they needed to call in so much, in which case they should be HAPPY that Sprint booted them without making them pay cancellation fees.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.