Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

T-Mobile Job Questions

jadyejr

Jul 2, 2007, 11:48 AM
I'm currently looking at applying for work in the Chicago area for T-mobile. I have a couple questions though...
1. What is the differance between an Event Rep and a Retail Sales Rep?
2. How is the commission structure, is it a good company to work for?

Thats all Thanks!!
DJ Parkay

Jul 2, 2007, 3:07 PM
poop
paddyoc

Jul 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
Retail sales rep....In a corporate t-mobile store...
Event rep....goes from place to place, like Wal-marts to sell....
BeckyMobile

Jul 3, 2007, 11:40 PM
You probably want the retail rep position as it offers more stability in the place you go every day.

If you're going to come work for the Big Pink we have great benefits compared to most retail jobs and with all the changes coming around its going to be a fun place to work. 😉

Only downside is that promotion is based strictly on sales performance and nothing else. A complete pervert who likes to call his employees b*tche3s and fat cows (he himself is about 5'7 and a good 250) just got promoted. đŸ‘ŋ They care nothing for experience with people, dedication or managerial skills its strictly sales numbers based.

Other than that its fantastic to work for the Pink. 🙂
lilredhead

Jul 4, 2007, 4:36 PM
before you listen to beckymobile, go check out the store you would be working as an RSR at and talk to the reps to get a feel for them and vice versa.
i work in a corporate store and I love it. Deserving individuals in our market get promoted all the time, and not ones who find themselves dwelling on what co-workers say about each other when they could report it to Human Resources and be done with it.
last note on this: promotion is not strictly based on numbers, it's about living t-mo's values like 'leaders coach and develop leaders' to give you an idea. in the past, it was all a numbers game-- now it's about the ability to lead, encourage, motivate, and inspire a team--while numbers are always important, it is not the focus in this compa...
(continues)
BeckyMobile

Jul 4, 2007, 10:05 PM
Oh I'm not saying its a bad place to work. On the contrary its fantastic.

Thats simply the only negative thing that I can really think of as I said benefits are great and pay is very competetive.
jadyejr

Jul 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
😁 😁 I had my first interview and it went great! I'm going through the background check process now, so thats good... I really hope I get it.... I have worked for All-Hell, I mean Alltel in the past and really like what tmo has to offer a lot better. Where are the training facilities located?? And how long is it? I forgot to ask the interviewer about that...
CallMeT

Jul 10, 2007, 2:13 PM
Wow, sounds like you bleed Magenta!
jestcuzzgrl

Jul 5, 2007, 7:39 AM
I sent them a resume. They never called ☚ī¸

I suck at resumes though 😕
I did it online. Maybe I should try and go into the store to apply.
CallMeT

Jul 10, 2007, 2:15 PM
Dont do event rep!!!!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.