Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Dummy Phones

Guy Montag

May 19, 2007, 9:49 PM
Whats with people stealing my dummy phones!! 👿

I hope they feel like complete asses when they attempt to get them activated! Its can be difficult enough to sell some phones as it is, but without a dummy phone to draw interest, its nigh impossible!!!!

Is this common every where or is it just my location?
cyberpsionic

May 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
eBay is a great place to unload the dummy phones. Why someone would want a dummy model besides possibely using the housing of it is beyond me. I have to applaude these people though who have purloined your dummy phones for your lack of loss prevention.
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 2:08 PM
You applaud the pilfering fools for stealing non working dummy phones under the assumption that they are working models? I don't usually watch adults closely as they are just dummys, why steal them. Most of the time the houseing isn't even the same as a working model so it will do you no good!
craptacularwireless

May 20, 2007, 2:13 PM
He's going to tell you it's your own fault. There's no need to try to argue with Ray, he doesn't listen.
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 2:26 PM
I know, but I enjoy pointing out his flawed logic. 🙂
WhoDey

May 21, 2007, 8:40 PM
Scenario that plays out monthly:

Guy: Hey, can I see one of the I880 (or 580, or 930) phones, I wanna upgrade to it.
Rep: Sure, let me grab one
Guy: (plays with it a bit) Sweet, how much is it?..
Rep: 499.99 if you dont have rebate
Guy: Damn, only brought 300, lemme go to the bank real quick and Ill come back and get it
Rep: (Puts phone away) Okay!
Guy: (Leaves)
Rep: (Puts dummy phone back in box, doesnt even know it)

THAT, folks... is why ppl steal dummies.

If its an iDEN, they sell it, if CDMA, they may be able to use it for months before the store goes to sell that particular one and realizes its a dummy in the box.
jalanjalaning

May 20, 2007, 11:50 AM
yeah, we get them stolen all the time... i guess it's because people 'know' that we can get more (i don't know who to call to get more... oh well)... and they give them to their kids so they shut up and keep still while strapped in their stroller all day...
craptacularwireless

May 20, 2007, 1:18 PM
We've had them stolen and had them tried to be activated before. People are retarded. How can you not tell that they're fake just by looking at them? We always have customers trying out the cameras on them and wondering why they aren't working. I feel like slapping them.
Johanisu19

May 20, 2007, 1:48 PM
yeah I have had 3 Slvr's stolen and a nokia slider so now we have to use a live one that kept in the case but this bothers me b/c the sales reps keep leaving them out and I'm like "they have already stole the fake ones why wouldn't they steal these!" 😡
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 2:07 PM
Lol, I have people asking how to unlock the keys to check out the menu!! 🤣
craptacularwireless

May 20, 2007, 2:14 PM
You should tell them that they have to slam it against their forehead. That's the only way to unlock them.
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 2:27 PM
Brilliant! They usually follow that up with, is this a bluetooth?
craptacularwireless

May 20, 2007, 2:29 PM
Then you answer, "No, this is Bluetooth (getting a letter opener). Just stick it in your ear."
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 2:40 PM
No really, it will pick up the sonic vibrations from your phone! 👀
krickt

May 21, 2007, 10:30 AM
Not on the same subject, exactly, but I had a customer rip a fakie from her babies hand and begin to wipe it down. It was soaked from slobber. I laughed and told her it was no big deal (we put the discontinued dummy phones in the toy box after we take all removable things like antennas off). She even offered me to pay for the insurance deductable. I had to pull a real phone out of a box to show her the difference. She didn't believe me that it was just a casing with weight in it to simulate a phone!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.