Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

"It's your fault even though it isn't!"

deliriumfrenzy

Apr 30, 2007, 11:02 AM
What is your favorite (or most hated) problem that arises which, though in no way your fault, makes the customer so incredibly angry and blame you for everything from his mother's death to global warming?

Mine is when a customer is trying to order online and can't get their address to be accepted because, even though we use Fed-Ex for delivery, we check addresses against a database with the United States Postal Service, not Fed-Ex; this means that if you have a PO Box that you get your mail sent to, you can't order online.

Any others?
alejandro

Apr 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
I hate it when customers blame the holocaust on me.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
are you german? cuz it would kinda be your fault... even if only by liniage
frankiewawa

Apr 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Well it is, infact, entirely your fault. You silly mexican. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 11:06 AM
"the liquid sensors have been tripped this phone went swimming"

"well it wasnt like that when i brought it in you must have done it"

๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Get... away... from me...
monkeyracer

Apr 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
that's why i open the battery right in front of them first, before even pulling the account up.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
me too... but i guess they think that my magical cell phone powers (which also give me the ability to pull free phones out of my...) include the ability to saturate a phone by touching it...
phonemechanic

Apr 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
Once had a visitant call me a communist and that people like me (cell phone companies) are the reason for the Cold War. All because he didn't have E911 in his phone ๐Ÿคฃ
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 11:10 AM
... "so you dont have E911... ill keep that in mind so that when i drag you into the woods and break your knee caps youll be completely untrackable"
blizone

Apr 30, 2007, 11:17 AM
Just the other day, I was closing a sale when this customer came in angry yelling at the top of his lungs why his phone wouldnt work. The customer I was selling the phone too actually went over to the guy and looked at his phone and turned it on and said, "You havent charged your battery you nutjob". ๐Ÿคฃ

Did my job for me, so I went ahead and gave him a 15 dollar discount. ๐Ÿ˜

Another incident a customer comes in and his phone wasnt damaged in any physical way other than the main LCD would show anything it was blank. So I went to take the phone to the service tech, and I accidentally dropped it right in front of the customer... THE PHONE POWERED ITSELF ON AND LCD SCREEN WAS FIXED!!!!!

The customer actually THANKED ME FOR DROPPI...
(continues)
krickt

Apr 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
My favorite is when someone comes in with a phone in peices, and then its my fault that they didn't know they didn't have insurance.

When I renew or activate a phone, I always tell them the benefits of insurance, and how to assess their need for it. (Teen phones, and outdoor working men get a hardcore sale on it, but I figure all others should know if they need it or not.) They have to say the words "No, I don't want insurance" for me to get off the subject. I won't move on until they answer that way.

So razz on you if you break your phone two weeks later. There's nothing we can do about it!

I guess I just need to set up one of those jars that collects money for kidney/liver transplants, except for replacement of phones fo...
(continues)
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 12:35 PM
people always try and tell me i didnt offer insurance... bs... i do the same thing almost everyday for fourty hours a week... nothing that comes out of my mouth is adlibed... i say the same things under the same circumstances everyday... i told you about insurance because i programmed myself to tell you about insurance... now if all i managed to get out is "would you like to add ins"... DONT ADD ANYTHING JUST SWITCH THE PHONE... then it isnt really my fault now is it...

same with upgrading... "well you are eledgible for the 150 discount with the signature of a new contract"

of course all they hear is "(static) 150 discount (clown music)" which also is not my fault"
craptacularwireless

Apr 30, 2007, 2:35 PM
of course all they hear is "(static) 150 discount (clown music)" which also is not my fault"

๐Ÿคฃ
mallbound

Apr 30, 2007, 5:05 PM
don't forget!
discount = "I have a credit on my account..."
nuckingfuts

Apr 30, 2007, 2:13 PM
UPGRADE FEES!!!!!!!!!!
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคค โ˜น๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜‰
Guy Montag

Apr 30, 2007, 2:48 PM
Similar to Krickt's post. I hate it when customers come in with a broken phone and do not have insurance only to freak out when they discover the outright price. I am then called dirty names and am attmepting to rip people off and over charging for my phones. Granted if they took the time to go to palm or nokia and attempt to buy a phone from them they could see just what they cost us to stock them! But no, its me.
Athanatoi

Apr 30, 2007, 3:16 PM
People come into my store all the time whining about huge non-telecom purchases on their account.

"I don't want to pay $500!"

Perhaps you shouldn't have texted "fun" to 65466.

"But it's on my Sprint bill! I want Sprint to fix it!"

Read the fine print on the scam's commercial. Fix it yourself.
krickt

Apr 30, 2007, 3:22 PM
Thank God that USCC won't work on most of those sites! I've heard terror stories about those guys!
Athanatoi

Apr 30, 2007, 3:29 PM
Oh it's awful. The Sprint bill doesn't give much detail about what they are, so people have no idea what these huge charges are, and assume that it's all my fault. It's great.

Oh, and sometimes, the premium services are stuck on the phone #. So a customer might cancel their service, and that phone number is reassigned to someone new, and then that new person gets huge charges for the subscription service.
krickt

Apr 30, 2007, 3:46 PM
I've heard that before! We get kids in here asking me to activate something that will allow them to get free ringtones or free jokes, or whatever all the time. If their parents got a nasty bill like that they would come into the store and lynch me!
ajstrong

Apr 30, 2007, 4:51 PM
one of our new guys (who no longer works here) helped a lady sign up for a texting service that would give her free ringtones of a local college.

It didn't.

His elevator didn't go all the way up.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.