Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Sorry you got ripped off by your friend...

sprint_guy

Apr 15, 2007, 2:36 PM
...I love it, someone bought a phone from a friend. It doesn't work, so they bring it in and we look at it. Liquid damage all over! Somehow thats our fault they bought a crap phone from someone. They wanted to know why we couldn't do anything, or wouldn't call their friend and make them pay for the cost of a new phone. I love it.
artax80

Apr 16, 2007, 9:50 AM
I can actually top that.

I had a guy bring a phone in to activate. He said he bought it from someone. When I called in, the phone had actually been reported stolen about 2 months prior. When I told the guy he wasn't getting service and I was keeping the phone, he got very upset.

He wanted me to tell the actual owners of the phone that they needed to pay him back!
M15TER P1NK

Apr 16, 2007, 10:23 AM
i bought this phone that was stolen from you fair and square... i want my money back!! 🤣 👀 🙄
johnnyslick

Apr 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
I once had a woman try to activate a phone that had been on an account that was disconnected for non-payment. She literally berated me for 30 minutes about how the fact that she got the phone from a deadbeat "wasn't her problem" and that not paying your bills at all "isn't really stealing so why is it on the stolen phones list?". She finally hung up after she intimated that another phone on her account was from the same person and I graciously offered to check the system to see if I'd need to shut that one off as well.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
ha i love that people think that because they paid $0-20 for a phone that it is paid for... no... that phone cost my carrier $200 dollars and you havent made enough payments to clear that yet...
ajstrong

Apr 16, 2007, 2:28 PM
I had a similar situation; fellow brought in a Razr and a Pantech flip phone, wanted them to be activated on prepay accounts. When they wouldn't clear, I found out that the phones had been suspended for non-payment; and the "friend" that he purchased the phones from just moved out of state. 😳 I was shocked that he didn't seem too surprised; he just shook his head and walked off.
artax80

Apr 16, 2007, 4:46 PM
I had another guy come in once because his prepay phone was telling him he needed to add money to it within 3 days to keep the service going.

I took the phone from him because the date he gave me sounded familiar. I looked at the phone's number and, sure enough, it was the exact number I had reported lost/stolen for a different customer that morning.

They guy got upset when I told him I had to confiscate the phone and told me he'd gotten it from the customer (even used his name) the night before. He wanted me to call him and verify that he could have the phone.

Umm, you have his only phone. How exactly am I supposed to call him?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.