Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Wow people. Just wow! Go Sprint Nextel!

cyberpsionic

Mar 7, 2007, 10:54 AM
Looks like raycarroll70 has something to be proud about people. This was taken from a full page ad in today's Washington Post...

Thanks to every single Sprint Nextel employee. Because of your tireless dedication to our customers, the plan is working:

> BETTER THAN EVER. The Sprint National Network has earned top
honors for the fewest dropped calls of national carriers as rated
by a third-party independent study.

> LARGEST, FASTEST MOBILE BROADBAND NETWORK. The Sprint
network is the largest, fastest mobile broadband network in the country,
including over 10,000 cities and over 1,000 airports.

> HAPPIER CUSTOMERS. The Nextel network has reached
best-ever status for call quality, has the lowest ever dropped
and blocked call...
(continues)
Foamy

Mar 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
cyberpsionic said:
> HAPPIER CUSTOMERS. The Nextel network has reached
best-ever status for call quality, has the lowest ever dropped
and blocked calls, and increased customer satisfaction.

Best ever for Nextel is like saying my diarrhea is better today than it was yesterday.

Either way you look at it, it's still crap.
knn_dm

Mar 7, 2007, 11:20 AM
Take that Cingy!! ๐Ÿ™‚
ralph_on_me

Mar 7, 2007, 11:38 AM
Take... the diarrhea?

I wish they had that add out aroudn here. Over half of my activations each month are customers porting in from Sprint. I'm sure they'd get a laugh out of it.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 7, 2007, 11:25 AM
and whos opinion is that? as far as i know sprint kinda sux where im at
SprintKadjar

Mar 7, 2007, 12:08 PM
Sprint has *the* largest proprietary voice footprint of any carrier.

Mindwireless recently released a study, comparing rapid reconnect rates (indicating a dropped call). Sprint had the lowest at 5.4%, beating Verizon only slightly. Cingular had the worst.

Sprint has more Rev-A and EVDO square mileage than Verizon, and more broadband coverage than Cingular.

For what Nextel sells (PTT), they are undeniably the best out there. Granted, their coverage and voice quality is not nearly on par with others... hence the new PowerSource hybrids.

Sprint can improve the most in customer service (call centers, phone replacement mostly), the billing system (combining the Sprint P2K server and the Nextel Ensemble server to a unified billing pla...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Mar 7, 2007, 12:40 PM
Does a rapid reconnect indicate which party dropped the call or only that someone had to redial?

Also, are you on crack? We've all seen the Sprint PCS Network coverage.
SprintKadjar

Mar 7, 2007, 1:23 PM
Just the facts, ma'am.
๐Ÿ˜Ž
spidermon

Mar 7, 2007, 4:20 PM
Nextel has almost no coverage left the hurricanes destroyed the majority of there towers and they had no money to fix them so how can they be claiming that Nextels network is so great it is almost destroyed. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
raycarroll70

Mar 7, 2007, 9:40 PM
Can I get an Allelujah, Amen, or a Praise the Good Shepard for the Motorola ic402 and ic502? I used to live in Central Florida(Apopka, home of the 2003 World Little League Champions) and customer with either of these two powerful handsets still have access to iDEN PTT while experiencing the robust and powerful CDMA network for both voice calls as well as data sessions via 1xRTT.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 7, 2007, 9:54 PM
๐Ÿคจ
raycarroll70

Mar 7, 2007, 10:03 PM
The PowerSource handsets combine the best of both wireless technologies of SPrint Nextel. It's kind of like a wireless version of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 7, 2007, 10:18 PM
sprint is crap.... enough said
bassplayer

Mar 7, 2007, 10:37 PM
wireless version of reese's peanut btter cups? What kind of peanut butter cups were you eating with wires?
raycarroll70

Mar 7, 2007, 10:39 PM
The kind that melt in your mouth and not in your hand.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 7, 2007, 10:39 PM
isnt that m&m's ?? ๐Ÿคจ
bassplayer

Mar 7, 2007, 10:41 PM
Those aren't candy, those are paint chips dude! No wonder there are wires in them, peeling them right off the walls aren't you?

That's not healthy man, you might get something, like diarrhea or something
Q_Q_Q

Mar 7, 2007, 10:42 PM
then hed be as good as the nextel network right?? ๐Ÿคฃ
DigAHole

Mar 7, 2007, 6:44 PM
Maybe I'm missing the point ray.

What is exactly "wowing" about this? It's an advertisment.
mapleleaf88

Mar 7, 2007, 6:53 PM
Aren't advertisements not allowed on this forum? therefore, shouldn't somebody report that? ๐Ÿ˜‰
DigAHole

Mar 7, 2007, 7:00 PM
Different posters have different sets of rules, in case you weren't aware. rayray has plugged websites, his religion, and basically ad's straight from Sprint for his whole tenure, yet is still allowed to post. He should have been banned a long time ago for his blatant violations of the TOU.

Oh, and let me add this. I thought the OP was raycarrol, not this cyberpsioicne guy. Ooops!
mapleleaf88

Mar 7, 2007, 7:12 PM
As did i... but isn't ray famous for reporting people for this kind of stuff? that's the point i was getting at. and if i have mistaken him for somebody else i'm gonna feel like an idiot.
DigAHole

Mar 7, 2007, 7:13 PM
I personally think they're one in the same, but I've been warned about accusations like that.

Yes, ray will report you for anything. Yes the double standards displayed by the mods are quite repulsing. And finally, no, you're not an idiot.
mapleleaf88

Mar 7, 2007, 7:23 PM
okay good... at least, not for thinking that ray is the one who gets teased for reporting people. In other areas, my idiocy is yet to be determined!
raycarroll70

Mar 7, 2007, 9:49 PM
Oh how vile an evil word you two have for me. I wonder if I should refer to you two as Otis and Milo. Ray is spelled R A Y and Gary is spelled G A R Y. The only thing cyberpsionic and I have in common is the second letter in our names. BTW, I think the ad was beautifully written and truly heart felt.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 7, 2007, 9:56 PM
๐Ÿ˜ก
bassplayer

Mar 7, 2007, 10:01 PM
you can feel free to call them idiots, you don't have to mack your true feelings here. Anyone who cares about doulbe standards these days doesn't have a job or buy anything, or is an idiot.
Foamy

Mar 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
raycarroll70 said:
I think the ad was beautifully written and truly heart felt.

And a blatant TOU violation. Why aren't you reporting this thread, oh high and mighty upholder of the rules?
raycarroll70

Mar 8, 2007, 12:02 PM
The full page ad was meerly a thank you to all the hard work and effort to all the Sprint Nextel employees and in no means trying to sell their products and services. That's my job along with the other methods, indirect channel, telesales, the Sprint web site, etc. It feels good to be recognized as a employee for our accomplishments considering how we as Davids have to stand our ground to the Goliaths in the wireless realm.
DigAHole

Mar 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
raycarroll70 said:
Oh how vile an evil word you two have for me. I wonder if I should refer to you two as Otis and Milo.

Don't hurt yourself during your martyrdom.

BTW, I think the ad was beautifully written and truly heart felt.

And you are by far the only person who would ever say that about a cell phone ad.
mapleleaf88

Mar 8, 2007, 4:30 PM
Can I be Milo?!
not2brite

Mar 8, 2007, 4:24 PM
It's a miracle!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.