Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Poor reception: the phone or the provider?

afen

Dec 16, 2003, 4:49 PM
☚ī¸ I recently changed over to Verizon from Sprint and bought an LG VX3100. Poor or no reception, cut-off calls, no calls and choppy calls are just the beginning of my woes. I'm only two weeks into the trial and am SO frustrated! I'm in an urban area with plenty of Verizon towers - and cust. service says it should be fine. Do I need a phone upgrade or is it Verizon?
Rich Brome

Dec 16, 2003, 8:14 PM
Depends on the phone, depends on the area. 😉

If you're two weeks into it, then you're at the end of the trial period. I think Verizon's standard window is 15 days. So if you think you want to cancel, you need to do it right away, if it's not too late.

With that said, if you stay with Verizon, all they can do it exchange your phone, or exchange it for another model. That's if it is the phone. Do you know anyone else with Verizon in your area? Do they have similar problems?

How does your phone work on the other side of town?

The only way to find the problem is ruling things out using the above methods. No one here can tell you it's definitely the network, without knowing your exact street address and intimate technical detail...
(continues)
Chapperal

Dec 18, 2003, 3:25 PM
Hi Rich, you seem to be the man in the "KNOW"! Yes I'm the dude in Gainesville, Fl.(32614). I have noticed in this down that there used to be 4 or 5 US cellular stores now there is only 2.
I spoke to the US Cellular rep. and it seems that ATTWS. is going to buying or taking over US cellular's area, (no timetable though)
You seem to have a lot of info at your fingertips, if you here anything let me know. But if anything does happen it will probably be in the next 3 or 4 months.
I thought about going to VRZ great coverage, lousy phones. T-Mobile, great phones, bad coverage.(For my area and most of the U.S.) Do you agree?) What do you think?
If ATTWS does come here with a plan that I like, with some good phones, I ju...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.