Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Website Issues

timslo

Jul 13, 2006, 2:07 PM
Rich, (or anyone who may have an answer)
I'm having problems getting into discussion links and other forums. This is such a small business and we are using new computers so I don't see how I can be having problems getting into these links. Whenever I try to go into the lounge, it simply will not load. Then I tried clicking into the forum from a post and my computer would not respond. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and how I could maybe fix it, before I contact Dell or my internet provider. Thanks in advance!

Tim
Foamy

Jul 13, 2006, 2:56 PM
I've been noticing a similar issue lately. I believe it has something to do with one of the ad servers. Here's what I do. When the page won't load and it's just white wait about 10 seconds and hit the stop button. That should make it load.

The computer is waiting on that ad server to load the ad before displaying the rest of the site even though it has already downloaded the information. Pressing stop will force it to give up on the ad and just display what it already has.
Rich Brome

Jul 14, 2006, 3:14 PM
We've been experiencing some very brief, intermittent downtime over the past few days. Just a couple of times, for a few minutes, but that might have been it. Everything's humming along fine now.
timslo

Jul 18, 2006, 4:12 PM
I'm still experiencing pages not loading, specifically the Lounge, and other news discussion forums. When I click into the lounge, it errors so I have to close the explorer window. On some of the discussion forums, it loads a blank page. I try to refresh, but it loads another blank page. Also, when I click ANY link, it pauses and then loads. It's kind hard to explain but it doesn't react normal on this website. So even Foamy's advice doesn't really help cuz it doesn't turn white before trying to load. I click, then a pause, then immediate load, which may seem like blessing more than a burden. I don't know. Thanks again for the help.
go.ta...

Jul 29, 2006, 5:51 PM
I have these same issues on my computers...Itll go just fine for a while, but then Ill try to click on someones response or read a message and.......nothing. Usually I have to close out of that screen, pull up a new internet explorer page, and try from there. Sometimes Ill pull it up 3 times before itll actually load...

This is probably just our systems, but wasnt sure if it was related?
Jennyboo

Jul 29, 2006, 6:41 PM
That sometimes happens to me too. Most of the time if double clicked on something it would load just fine.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.