phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Site Updates

Rich Brome

Jul 12, 2004, 4:54 PM
Lots of tweaks to the site today. 🙂

Here's a few:

• Sorting options for phones on carrier and manufacturer pages.

• New "positive" and "negative" sorting options for phone user reviews.

• Forums:
    • Automatic profanity filter.

• New, more flexible View Options. Please try them out and see what works best for you. Just go to the message list for any forum, and click "View Options" at the top. Those of you who prefer vBulletin-style forums may find that one of the new view options helps usability.

• Unread messages now highlighted in bold. This makes it really easy to spot the new messages in any message list.

• New main Forums page. Now tabbed and spruced up a bit, with most recent mes
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jul 12, 2004, 5:08 PM
It's pretty self-explanatory. It filters out foul language, replacing it with "****".

Feedback is appreciated.

If you want to help me test it out, just this once, it's okay to use foul language, BUT:

1. ...only in reply to this specific message.

2. Be friendly - personal attacks are still unacceptable.

3. All such test messages will be deleted, after I've noted the success or failure of the filter, of course. Don't be offended - know that you have my thanks for your help in testing this feature. 😉

4. This is only for a limited time. I'll make it clear when the test period is over, after which time any "testing" will be inappropriate.
If you test a naughty word that slips by the ...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jul 14, 2004, 1:12 AM
Thank you to those of you who have replied already - it is much appreciated! 🙂

Please continue testing for now. I've just added more improvements to the filter that need to be tested.

One change was adding a couple of words that were tricky because they are also part of other, perfectly innocent, words. For the curious, the innocent words I had to work around were Matsushita, MarketWatch (a CBS web site), and wristwatch. 🤭

Please also post feedback, in addition to test messages. Specifically, I want to know about:
  • Words I've missed that you think should be added.

• "False positives" - something that was "caught" by the filter that was actually innocent. Since the filter is somewhat aggressive, includi
(continues)
disturbed1

Jul 14, 2004, 1:43 PM
You mean **** and ****? Just testing 😁
v710user

Aug 8, 2004, 6:56 PM
****shitdamnfuck
v710user

Aug 8, 2004, 6:57 PM
awesome
Rich Brome

Jul 12, 2004, 5:30 PM
I strongly encourage all regular forum visitors to check out the new View Options. The three main options are each a dramatically different way to view the forums.

If you don't like the default message lists, chances are there's a different view option that you would like much better.

The "Threads with Top replies" option is one I think everyone should check out. It gives you a clear view of the thread structure, consistent with the reply tree on the message pages. New is the "Max. reply depth" option, which lets you control how much of each thread is shown in the thread list. Setting this to something low helps keep long threads from taking over the forum page.

The "Threads with Recent replies" has been totally re-vamped from what ...
(continues)
qwerty - qwerty - qwerty

Jul 13, 2004, 2:56 AM
First I must praise your work.

It's excellent to have different viewing options. Since I'm new to this board/forum thing I think that the "Thread with Top replies" sorted by "Thread started" and with a max reply depth of 8 fits me best. I can see the tree and then view each post. For the veterans, and once I catch up, "Threads with Recent replies" will probably do. Obviously there are different levels of participants, for how long and how much. These options serve the users and for this you deserve a smiley.

😁
Rich Brome

Jul 13, 2004, 9:13 AM
Thanks! 🙂
nthomas

Aug 12, 2004, 6:46 PM
Interested in knowing when is VZ8000 be released.
nthomas

Aug 12, 2004, 6:51 PM
Need to know when is the LGVX8000 be released.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.