Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

T-Mobile or Cingular??

skeeter69

Aug 26, 2005, 3:18 PM
Hey, i am getting a Razr V3 and i dont know which service provider has the better and more efficient service. Could someone explain which service provider is a better deal and has the best capabilities for the Razr

Thanks
everman

Aug 26, 2005, 4:05 PM
Take this post to General and you will get more answers than you really want, but you will get answers.
Cingular will most likely be the most popular answer.
nextel18

Aug 26, 2005, 7:01 PM
cingular. hands down.
mobilehookup

Aug 29, 2005, 11:41 PM
Before anyone responds. I ve been selling phones for 5 years, at one point i owned a cell phone store and from my experince the only way someone can truely answer you is by asking you questions like:
where do you live?
do you travel?

T-mobile offers a PCC (personal coverage check wich will rate the coverage level in your area). If tmobile offers great service in your area and you do not travel to real rural area go for T-mobile. There plans are better, customer service is 100 times better (open 24 hours a day 7 days a week). and their billing is not as complicated. Activations fees differ by a dollar. But most likely Cingular will make you sign a two year contract vs. T-mobiles 1 year.
nextel18

Aug 30, 2005, 4:37 AM
so you think overall tmobile usa is better then cingular?
simplymarcus

Aug 30, 2005, 11:17 PM
Verizon and Sprint bill the same way cingular does. T-mobile bills arrears and cingular sprint Verizon nextel and US Cellular bill in advance. AT&T wireless billed in arrears just like T-mobile. Most customers of cell phone companies do not call customer service.
mikethaler

Aug 27, 2005, 1:50 AM
No one provider is the "best" for everyone. Each has its own dead spots.

Cingular does have wider coverage than T-M. This doesn't make much diff. to most people since T-M has coverage where a majority of the people need it.
That said, if you need the extra coverage, you will pay a fair sized premium to get Cingular over T-M.
W. T-M, $40 gets you 1000 anytime national minutes. If they are running their special that comes up from time to time - it would include N&W. (They have a "non-special" 600 min. plan that does incl. N&W)
W. Cingular, that $40 only gets you 450 minutes - incl. N&W.
Cingular does include MTM. T-M charges about $7/mo. extra.
Cingular offers no "non-national" plans. T-M offers regional...
(continues)
ChaosBleeds44

Aug 28, 2005, 5:55 AM
Cingular does have regional plans, what are you talking about?
everman

Aug 29, 2005, 12:20 PM
This thread is posted in General
brtnrider152

Aug 27, 2005, 3:33 PM
Dude, its simple go with Tmobile. If your smart, and want to save money go with tmobile. the coverage is not the same as cingulars, but it covers the IMPORTANT places, and then some. Honestly you wont need more coverage than what they have now.
and there service is SOOOOOOOOO good! they are nice, friendly people when you call in and have a problem! i promise you'll love them!
Rich Brome

Aug 31, 2005, 10:18 AM
This is off-topic for this forum. Please ask this question in the RAZR forum, Cingular forum, or T-Mobile forum.

Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.