Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 19 replies

post messaging abuse

TheDudeAbides

Jun 25, 2012, 4:14 PM
I've seen threads addressing this issue, and recently had a coworker forward me a post message from another scooper where the individual invested a lot of energy into character assassinating her and called her a four letter c word. She and I were aghast they'd go to such lengths just to be mean.

This wasn't the first scenario I've heard of. Can anything be done about post messaging abuse? Can we cpoy/paste and send to you? Is there a way to block specific scoopers from pm'ing you?

Thx
Trismegistus

Jun 25, 2012, 5:12 PM
You take the good with the bad with private messages. You can turn the whole thing off, but private messages are outside of the domain of Phonescoop proper.

At least, that's my understanding.
LookAtLittleSister

Jun 25, 2012, 5:47 PM
i always thought the PM function of PhoneScoop worked only as a go between the two email addresses attached to the accounts.
Trismegistus

Jun 25, 2012, 5:59 PM
Contact your email provider for all PM reporting needs.
LookAtLittleSister

Jun 25, 2012, 6:02 PM
does GMail delete offensive comments?
Trismegistus

Jun 25, 2012, 6:28 PM
I figure it would be worth a try, if someone was so inclined.
Haggard

Jun 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
After 10 infractions, you get banned from using that account.
LookAtLittleSister

Jun 25, 2012, 6:01 PM
I can only assume that you're talking about fleur PMing 0V repeatedly after he asked her to stop and finally he had enough and told her what was on his mind (which was exactly why she messaged him in the first place)?

Lets make sure to tell both sides of the story, kissess
KioskGuy

Jun 25, 2012, 8:45 PM
Surely you can't be serious.

You and fleur need to grow up and stop whining every time someone hurts your poor wittle feelings. Grow a thicker skin, it'll be be beneficial to you in all walks of life.
PsYkE

Jun 25, 2012, 8:46 PM
They're called Private Messages. Either turn off your PMs or delete them. If you're we're getting tons of them, maybe forward them to Rich. But I don't know why it would need to go that far. Delete is a wonderful thing.
TokenBlackGheyGai

Jun 26, 2012, 6:45 AM
Is this really any of your business to attempt reporting? I mean after all it was between two other users and had no direct involvement of yourself. As far as I see it, you're simply trying to cause trouble.
The Phoenix

Jun 26, 2012, 7:03 AM
a fellow user sent me a picture message to my phone that included a females nude rear end 😳, Who should I forward the evidence to so I get him banned 😈
Ollie Ackbar

Jun 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yes sir. You want moar?
Spoon

Jun 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
The Phoenix

Jun 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
🤤
Rich Brome

Jun 27, 2012, 3:40 PM
Unfortunately, we can't reliably police PMs with the way our system is currently structured. If someone is being abusive, the victim should turn off the PM function completely. I'm afraid that's the only option we offer at this time.
TheDudeAbides

Jun 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
I didn't know that could be done. Hopefully aforementioned coworker sees this, or I'll give them a heads up.
Rich Brome

Jun 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
Just click "Account" on the left, and look for the option "Would you like to allow other users to email you privately?"
Haggard

Jun 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
ain't ish going to be done. remove chip from shoulder and get over it. I can guarantee customers have called you worse over the phone than what someone supposedly said in a PM that wasn't to you to begin with.
TheDudeAbides

Jun 28, 2012, 4:41 PM
was just a simple question, which Rich answered to my satisfaction. Sure started a wildfire. You guys are amazing.

Well, I'm satisfied, sorry those that flipped out aren't.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.