Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Inconsistency for logging-in

speedywalk

Apr 15, 2011, 9:13 PM
I've been having issues "staying" logged in lately. I will log in, and I'm prompted to log in again. I will do so, then I'm logged in.

Then I click a post and I'm "logged out" but when I click another post, I'm logged in still.

Sometimes I cannot reply to a post--it tells me I've been timed out and need to log in, then I do and I'm told my IP address has changed mid-login. I log BACK in and I'm not showing as logged in, but I still have the "new thread" option and don't have to log in to create one.

I'm SO confused.

And sometimes I have to log in 5 or 6 times for it to stick.

Lately I've begun to copy all my posts before I hit submit so I don't have to retype them if it messes up!

I'm using Win XP and IE 7
KioskGuy

Apr 16, 2011, 9:23 AM
It's kind of weird.

Using Firefox and Win XP.
Rich Brome

Apr 18, 2011, 4:47 PM
Really? We have not seen this ourselves, and the login code hasn't changed at all.

It sounds like a proxy issue. Do you have the issue with any other public web sites? If it's at work, do you get the same issue at home?
speedywalk

Apr 18, 2011, 8:03 PM
and it has happened at home as well.

Work:
Win XP Pro w/IE7

Home:
Win 7 Home w/Fire Fox
llama

Apr 20, 2011, 8:53 AM
same here...at work, winxp w/IE7...
speedywalk

May 7, 2011, 1:13 PM
just tried to post and got this when I hit 'Submit'

You are currently logged in as speedywalk.

(message code: 6)
FaeLynne

Sep 19, 2011, 2:54 PM
From both work and home.

At Work I'm using IE 6, from home I use Chrome.

IE seems to log me out more often and have more issues with a log in taking, but Chrome does it too on a regular basis. It also seems to be happening more often recently, as I've had to log back in seven or eight times today.
Rich Brome

Sep 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
This more likely to be an issue with your connection than a browser issue. What is your ISP at home?
FaeLynne

Sep 20, 2011, 10:42 AM
It's cable internet at home, not sure who the isp is right now. I'll have to check.

At work is where I have the most problems though, and I don't have a clue what they use.
AfterScoop

Sep 21, 2011, 9:15 AM
i don't have these issues. I'm using WinXP with Firefox and IE ( think 7 or8 )

The most i will experience is time-out of the account when i don't use it often.
melrhodes

Sep 21, 2011, 3:51 PM
no problem with ie6

but I can't log in at all using google chrome
Rich Brome

Sep 21, 2011, 4:13 PM
That's very odd, as I use Google Chrome most often.

What happens, exactly, when you try to log in using Chrome?
melrhodes

Sep 21, 2011, 4:18 PM
instead of>>>
logged in as:
melrhodes

Account
Log Out

its>>>

just kicks me back to the previous page
like I did not enter my username and password at all
speedywalk

Sep 22, 2011, 7:31 AM
Firefox 6.x and IE 8.

I've also noticed a very weird issue with the load-balancing scripts for the servers.

When I make a post and click 'submit' sometimes I get kicked to www1 or www2 and the post disappears. The message initially says my post was saved but I need to log in. Then when I log in it says my ip address changed while logging in and now I'm on the new server.

There are also times where I cannot reply to a post. I'm logged in, but when I click a particular post it acts like I'm not logged in, but if I immediately click another post without trying to log in again, I'm magically logged back in.

It's very odd and I'm not sure what's causing it.

I've tried clearing my cache, cookies, temp files, and ofline info.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.