Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Still Can't connect to the internet.

rbg1955

Dec 31, 2009, 10:38 AM
I bought a sony ericsson w810i off of e-bay. can make an receive calls and texts, but no picture messaging or internet. tried the sony ericsson web page and talked with tech support, no help. talked with the lovely folks at at&t and of course their only option was a new plan and phone through them. the problem is i have a cellular one plan and sim card. the motorola phone i was using for the past couple of years, which i also bought online, worked fine. my question is can i some how copy the settings off my old phone onto my new phone? and if so what settings am i looking for?
Juanbyjuan

Dec 31, 2009, 10:01 PM
You can not copy things over like that.

Is it a unlock device that is no branded for AT&T use?
Juanbyjuan

Dec 31, 2009, 10:02 PM
are you on a "Blue Network?
rbg1955

Jan 1, 2010, 9:36 AM
I'm not sure what a blue network is.
rbg1955

Jan 1, 2010, 9:34 AM
It is an unlocked phone,supposedly set for at&t. However the sony ericsson tech had me do a master reset. I don't see anything at&t anymore, but i can still text and talk like before the reset. I think what i need is cellular one settings to connect to the internet and do picture messaging.
PhonemanJ

Jan 2, 2010, 7:22 PM
Go to http://www.att.com/wireless and click on support. It will then come up with a screen asking for a device. Click on "Choose a Device" and then fill in the 2 blanks with Sony-Ericsson and W810i. Then click on Go to Tutorials and it will take you to the tutorial page. Under Media Net in the top box, go to the second box and scroll down to browser settings. This will take you step by step in setting up your W810i for working on the ATT internet.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.