Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Who's Here and PMs

Crapbag

Nov 3, 2009, 1:45 PM
Rich, I know this has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd retouch on it. I think a Who's Here feature would be handy for the forums. Visitors looking for an answer could then see if anyone is actually viewing the thread they are looking for answers on. It would also be nice if you could PM someone labeled as here from a Who's Here bar. Of course, if that were the case then it would stink to have to give up your email address. At which point it would make more sense to have an internal pm function. This would cause more people to sign up as well to the site. I'm not sure if membership is your goal. Just some thoughts that you'll likely squish do to the work and server load involved. 🙂
NEPats726420

Nov 4, 2009, 1:17 PM
i like that idea, like a list of who is logged in or something like that, who's online:
meeshxsmith

Nov 4, 2009, 4:11 PM
I like the idead too 🙂
simmeon

Nov 6, 2009, 4:38 PM
idead? will there be apps for that?
NEPats726420

Nov 6, 2009, 5:10 PM
hey--be nice, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all damn it
meeshxsmith

Nov 6, 2009, 5:30 PM
idea is what I meant to type. Sorry my phone scoop was sending yesterday before I got a chance to proof read. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
simmeon

Nov 7, 2009, 12:27 PM
Who said I was poking fun. I really want the new idead.
Cell Girl

Nov 5, 2009, 11:40 AM
I agree
speedywalk

Nov 6, 2009, 9:53 PM
A buddy list could be a bit cumbersome to make work.

At any given time in the Lounge alone there can be 10-15 people active, though the regs it's lower than that.

If you figure the same for the AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile forums, the number could become unmanageable.

If there was a way to optimize the code so it would show who is browsing what forum that MIGHT be helpful, but many of the users jump in and out of forums too often for it to make a huge difference.

Not to mention that many of the people here that ARE a wealth of information are just users--the people that need questions answered wouldn't know what user would really know something or would just give them a flippant answer.

I think it would be cool, but it ...
(continues)
GraGG

Nov 6, 2009, 9:54 PM
because this is not a social site, tis a phone site... despite the fact that we all post here

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.