Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 17 replies

CES

robtheman

Jan 10, 2008, 2:28 AM
I know this is probably the wrong forums, but I didn't know where else you guys would read it.

At the CES convention, did you guys see anything about the Google OS that's supposed to be released this year? I haven't seen any information about it since it was announced.
JimmyTaliban

Jan 10, 2008, 10:32 AM
Wrong forum
robtheman

Jan 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Jimmy. You're always helpful.
JimmyTaliban

Jan 12, 2008, 6:06 AM
度ごžÃ£ÂÅ¸Ã£Â —まして

I try!
Jayshmay

Jan 11, 2008, 7:28 PM
Your avatar picture is really funny!!! He's definetly more of a president for the Iraqi people, than here in the states!!!
Rich Brome

Jan 10, 2008, 2:15 PM
Nope. Nothing on Android.
robtheman

Jan 10, 2008, 4:14 PM
That's too bad. Is there any buzz going around about it? Potential release dates or that kind of thing?
eljeffe666

Jan 10, 2008, 4:19 PM
here is a good link if u havent already found it

http://code.google.com/android/ »
robtheman

Jan 10, 2008, 4:30 PM
I'll check it out later. Thanks.
eljeffe666

Jan 10, 2008, 4:34 PM
in a completely diff subject i finally finished hitchhikers guide
robtheman

Jan 10, 2008, 4:47 PM
The first book or the whole series?
eljeffe666

Jan 10, 2008, 5:02 PM
just the first one but i have already but a hurting on the second one
Rich Brome

Jan 10, 2008, 4:49 PM
Wistron was showing off a phone they said would run Android in a few months, but it's a rather disappointing unit with GPRS only (no EDGE even.) They *hope* to have a 3G model shipping by next year... as in 2009. 🙄 Even the GPRS prototype they had wasn't running Android yet, though - it was running some other version of Linux (MontaVista something?)
robtheman

Jan 10, 2008, 4:53 PM
Great. Thanks for the update, Rich. I guess I shouldn't wait on Android to be put on a phone this year then.
Rich Brome

Jan 10, 2008, 5:50 PM
Actually... my bad. I didn't finish my thought. 🤭 (The insanity of CES has me a bit fried. 😉 )

From everything we hear, HTC is the largest and most serious Google Android parter. I actually had drinks with the HTC CEO last night, and... yeah, you should definitely expect to see a strong showing from HTC re Google Android phones this year. 🙂
Jayshmay

Jan 11, 2008, 7:40 PM
Yeah, I thought I heard something about the 2nd half?

All that I have heard thus far about Android is very, very, very interesting. I can't wait to see what the future holds, especially considering I haven't been under contract for well over 2yrs!!!
Jayshmay

Jan 11, 2008, 7:30 PM
Was there anything @ CES from RIM about a 3G Blackberry? What the heck is the hold up, batteries are getting much, much better, networks are national.
Rich Brome

Jan 11, 2008, 7:35 PM
No. If there were something like that, trust me, we would have covered it! 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.