Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Search question...

michael123

Dec 17, 2004, 9:41 PM
Hello all,

Got a question for you...

I am always searching for phones on here from various carriers. I use the phone finder feature.

One limitation I frequently run into is that there are not enough results from a search. I mean ... I'll end up with 20 results, but certain vendors have many more phones these days... And I cannot do a "View page 2" or anything... Is it possible to bump the number of results up to 30? or 50 ? Or "select your own number"?

Thanks!
Rich Brome

Dec 18, 2004, 12:33 PM
Have you tried narrowing your search by using the "Edit Search" link at the bottom? Usually if you have too many results, the solution is to try adding more criteria. They don't all have to be "required", either - you can just add several "preferred" items to the list, to get better phones in the top 20.

You can also add "compare only" items, and then use them to sort the list, which may put different phones in the top 20 each time you re-sort.
michael123

Dec 18, 2004, 3:04 PM
Hello,

Thanks for responding...

Disclaimer 1:
First of all, I just want to make it clear that I am not complaining just for the sake of creating drama or hearing (reading/seeing) my own voice. I honestly think this is a limitation with the site and that it should be looked at.

Disclaimer 2:
Now I do not know the limitations of this php site... but I'd think that bandwidth and server speed would not be an issue, and permitting the user to retrieve 30, 40, or __ results would not cripple the server... (Once again, I do not know the details about the server, site, or anything)

I am aware of the ability to 'narrow' the results by specifying certain criteria like phone dimensions, weight, camera, etc, and tailoring the re...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Dec 18, 2004, 3:13 PM
There are specific reasons it is limited to 20. It has nothing to do with anything technical (code, server, bandwidth, etc.)

I do appreciate the feedback, though.

Could you tell me more about what kind of searches you're doing, what you're looking for, and why narrowing the search using "edit" doesn't work well for you?

Perhaps if I know more about your needs, I might be able to come up with a better way to improve the Finder to help with those types of searches...
michael123

Dec 20, 2004, 7:06 PM
Rich Brome said:
There are specific reasons it is limited to 20. It has nothing to do with anything technical (code, server, bandwidth, etc.)

Gotchya. I understand.

Could you tell me more about what kind of searches you're doing, what you're looking for, and why narrowing the search using "edit" doesn't work well for you?

Sure sure...
Well I currently have a Sprint i330 palm based handheld that I have for several years now... And I also have a Blackberry 7100 from T-Mobile that I got a couple weeks ago.

I'd like to see all the phones currently available for both Sprint and tmobile because I am considering moving my old number (with Sprint) to tmobile... S...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.