Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

What problems will I have if buying a Phone over the net vrs ....

Tooling Engineer

Oct 30, 2003, 7:41 PM
Ive found a better deal on purchasing a Ericsson T616 over the net (on-line store for free vrs walking into my local Cingular dealer where it will cost me $100.00 after a rebate).

Anyway, my question is:

Its obvious the "on-line" store is giving the phone away cause they want to get credit for signing you up with their carrier which in this case is Cingular. My current carrier is already Cingular therefore are they or will they still sell me the phone (give it to me as their advertizing says "for free") when............. (now correct me if Im wrong but,), I believe that if this on-line store is in Ohio, and Im in Texas I would have to take this phone in a local Cingular (texas) to get it connected/activated anyway.

Hope you know ...
(continues)
pumpkin

Oct 30, 2003, 10:21 PM
most stores only sell phones with new activations, so they would probably send you out a phone with a brand new service, and you would not be able to activate it on your current service. most companies offer a customer upgrade program which does offer discounts to current customers, but they are no where close to what you can get for a new activation. if you were to purchase a phone for a new service over the net, it would come activated. but if you were to order it like an upgrade it would actually be best to call your customer service dept and have them help you do the change over.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.