Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 29 replies

What has happened to Phonescoop?

buckeye12

Jun 23, 2007, 2:14 PM
This site has really gone downhill. I've been using this site for about 4 years now (different user names now and again) and I have watched it worsen over time.

Your forums are horribly cheapening the experience of this website. What used to be a place for people to come and learn about the industry has now morphed into a place that questions aren't even being asked. Your forums are now a place where users mud sling against each other. People using the forums and abusing them have considerably less intelligence than the persons who used to use these forums wisely.

I'm not sure this can be fixed, but I know after 4 years - I am moving on to the next best thing.

I read these forums and I just sigh and just remember the good old days...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Jun 23, 2007, 2:25 PM
Awww. Im so sorry.
Guy Montag

Jun 23, 2007, 7:33 PM
Dude, pull your pants up. 🤣
Rich Brome

Jun 25, 2007, 9:07 AM
What's your point? If you have an issue with how we run / moderate the forums, that's one thing, but I'm not sure I understand the point of just saying "everybody sucks." 😕
Gemini

Jun 25, 2007, 9:36 AM
🤣

Awesome!
buckeye12

Jun 25, 2007, 10:32 AM
My points is

- It doesn't have anything to do with moderation ... you do a fine job.

- The site in general (news etc.) has improved vastly over the years.

- The forums however, have cheapened themselves.

- Many of the people who used to use the forums a lot have left ... because they are harassed because of their opinions.

- It seems like instead of talking about the tech with the carriers ... they now spout off about society and the establishment .. while putting down the iPhone in every post.
Gemini

Jun 25, 2007, 10:45 AM
Well, specifically the Lounge, which is where I post most, is supposed to be about topics that have nothing to do with the cellular industry.

So if you are talking about other forums, I can't really say yay or nay.

As for the lounge, yes, I get annoyed with the newbs who come in trolling and trying to throw their weight around, but besides that, I could care less. It's supposed to be entertaining, so if that means talking about 'society and the establishment'...whatever. What's the big deals? If people don't like it they can go to another forum.
buckeye12

Jun 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
I don't spend so much time in the general forums ... I'm usually in the carrier forums.

And thats exactly what I'm talking about .... but I think it's worse in the carrier forums.
Gemini

Jun 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
okok.
glitterbitch

Jul 2, 2007, 9:33 AM
Gemini said:
Well, specifically the Lounge, which is where I post most, is supposed to be about topics that have nothing to do with the cellular industry.

So if you are talking about other forums, I can't really say yay or nay.

As for the lounge, yes, I get annoyed with the newbs who come in trolling and trying to throw their weight around, but besides that, I could care less. It's supposed to be entertaining, so if that means talking about 'society and the establishment'...whatever. What's the big deals? If people don't like it they can go to another forum.

You should remember this while talking about how "lame" the "newbs" are about their postings. It IS ENTERTAINMENT. I laugh at the hypocrisy ...
(continues)
GirlNextDoor

Jun 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
buckeye12 said:
My points is

- It doesn't have anything to do with moderation ... you do a fine job.

- The site in general (news etc.) has improved vastly over the years.

- The forums however, have cheapened themselves.

- Many of the people who used to use the forums a lot have left ... because they are harassed because of their opinions.

- It seems like instead of talking about the tech with the carriers ... they now spout off about society and the establishment .. while putting down the iPhone in every post.

So, you like what the mods do and how they do things, but you have a problem with the people who post? What do you want Rich and Eric to do about that?

Honestly, it sounds like ...
(continues)
buckeye12

Jun 25, 2007, 1:36 PM
I'm just saying you can't moderate ignorance.

This used to be a tech website ... now it has became far from it.
Lapdog

Jun 25, 2007, 2:40 PM
so
Lapdog

Jun 25, 2007, 2:41 PM
At&T used to be a telephone landline company...and look what they turned into...
GirlNextDoor

Jun 25, 2007, 3:22 PM
buckeye12 said:
I'm just saying you can't moderate ignorance.

This used to be a tech website ... now it has became far from it.

And?
jestcuzzgrl

Jun 25, 2007, 6:10 PM
Now there are alot more people period. I refer so many people to this web site as well as others I'm sure. What do you expect? Thinks are changing. Maybe you have a problem with change?

I'm just going to stop right there. You sound like a baby.
buckeye12

Jun 25, 2007, 7:47 PM
I don't have a problem with change ... I have a problem with people that haven't the slightest idea what they are talking about. Especially with technology.
jestcuzzgrl

Jun 25, 2007, 7:56 PM
So your problem is with other forums? Can you give an example?
Guy Montag

Jun 25, 2007, 9:55 PM
Do you sell those 2gig sim cards? 😎
razrfreak

Jun 25, 2007, 12:13 PM
let me get this straight? you felt like posting this thread because you are upset about peoples opinions on the iphone?

someone needs to re-evaluate their priorities.
buckeye12

Jun 25, 2007, 4:12 PM
Actually I used that as an example that instead of talking about tech in general we here things about why people that buy Apple products are mindless idiots.

You need to re-evaluate your reading skills
Guy Montag

Jun 25, 2007, 4:31 PM
If you wanted to talk about tech, why not click on a tech related forum? I.E. if I wanted to talk about the tech behind the Iphone I would go to the Iphone review page, and click on the related forum. Some people may express jealousy or resent towards the product, but that is hardly worth judging an entire sites visiting members over. 🙄
JimmyTaliban

Jun 27, 2007, 7:57 AM
Do you even see how hypocritical you are???

Its pretty lame of you to complain about mudslinging, then say this:

buckeye12 said:
You need to re-evaluate your reading skills

🙄
satch of the moe

Jun 25, 2007, 7:13 PM
you do have a right to post something in the site like you have to try and bring about better conversations. Why havent you tried that?
jestcuzzgrl

Jun 25, 2007, 6:05 PM
😕 🤣
blackandyellow

Jun 25, 2007, 3:43 PM
Please close this thread before it become an anaconda snake. 🤣
Gemini

Jun 25, 2007, 3:55 PM
???WHAT???

What the hell does an anaconda have to do with this thread...?
Guy Montag

Jun 25, 2007, 4:07 PM
Its long and snaky?
tmbold

Jun 25, 2007, 5:16 PM
then stay out of the lounge
raika2

Jul 11, 2007, 1:23 AM
Woah, this is interesting to know. I joined this website recently and happen to think it's been quite helpful. Whether it has improved or not it's still pulling in quite a bit of traffic. It must be doing something right then..correct? What do you all think?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.