Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Hey Rich and Eric

newfette

May 10, 2007, 10:24 AM
I know you probably wont tell us but A LOT of us are really curious what got ray banned..

will you tell us?? 😁

I promise I'll be good for a WHOLE week... **batts eyelashes**

😁 😁
blackandyellow

May 10, 2007, 11:29 AM
From my understanding of Rich and Eric, both of them give more than enough warnings to forum members who are banned for repeatingly breaking the rules here before the forum member is banned permanently. Everyone who gets banned deserves it. BTW, if you're referring to raycarroll70, he's not gone. His raycarroll70 forum name may be banned, but some of the guys and gals I work with(Sprint Cable JV) know his other screen name which is fairly new so he's alive and posting here at Phone Scoop still. Ray knew he would tear the envelope with Rich and Eric eventually. LOL!
Foamy

May 10, 2007, 11:33 AM
I know his new name too.

It's blackandyellow 🙄
newfette

May 10, 2007, 12:17 PM
lol pretty much
captainplooky

May 10, 2007, 1:52 PM

BTW, if you're referring to raycarroll70, he's not gone. His raycarroll70 forum name may be banned, but some of the guys and gals I work with(Sprint Cable JV) know his other screen name which is fairly new so he's alive and posting here at Phone Scoop still.

🤣

Considering that they have made it quite clear that a ban spans all accounts that a user has, you've probably effectively pointed out to them that they have more work to be done.

On a side note, isn't that a bit hypocritical of Ray to continue posting after being banned? I guess he only abides by Terms of Service that he agree with eh?
krickt

May 10, 2007, 2:02 PM
pretty much.
MrAbstracto

May 10, 2007, 3:31 PM
blackandyellow = raycarroll70
🙄
Rich Brome

May 10, 2007, 6:03 PM
He knows what he did. He even told us he knew it would get him banned and he had no objection to being banned.
cyberpsionic

May 10, 2007, 10:19 PM
Oh yeah Rich! He sure does. Muhahahaha! 😎 Don't forget what happened to the mythical Phoenix everyone. Afer the flames of being banned have subsided, don't be suprised people when he rises up from the ashes, if he hasn't done so already.
captainplooky

May 11, 2007, 12:30 PM

He even told us he knew it would get him banned and he had no objection to being banned.

Well, that answers my earlier question.
japhy

May 11, 2007, 8:55 AM
Is the ban placed on the email account that the user has in place, or on the IP address?

Just wondering - not that I plan on getting banned anytime soon. 😉
Rich Brome

May 11, 2007, 12:14 PM
We have the ability to ban and monitor accounts in a multitude of ways, as the situation warrants.

We don't disclose specific details of how that works, since that would essentially give people with ill intent a map to find ways around our system.
japhy

May 11, 2007, 12:42 PM
Ah - Thanks.

I'll just get back to non-ban invoking posts. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.