Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

phonescoop.com :: Feature Request (again)

Palamedes

Oct 16, 2004, 3:00 AM
Okay I thought of another one today that would be handy..

I'm probably like most people here in that, when waiting for a specific phone to come out or information on that phone, I troll it's message board.

It would be nice to have a list of the last several phones you visited somewhere below the logged in as prompt.

This way when I come back to the site to check on the phone of my choice, I can just click the link for it below previously visited phones... And not have to surf through the phone finder, or the phones feature.

This feature can easily be done with a couple cookies, or you could use PHP to stuff the MySQL DB with each visit.. but that seems silly, I mean why waste DB calls.
Rich Brome

Oct 16, 2004, 1:55 PM
Not a bad idea, but you can always jump straight to a phone using the "jump" feature at the top.

You can even use partial model numbers, so even just typing "v71" will take you straight to the Motorola V710 page.

And if you're on a phone forum page, the jump feature is smart enough to assume you want to go straight to the forum page for the other phone, instead of the specs page. Usually that's the case, so it saves you from having to click the "Forum" tab.

Anyway, that's the main shortcut feature on the site. While "recently visited phones" might be handy, I worry that it might be a bit redundant. Plus, I always try to keep the interface as simple and uncluttered as possible. For every feature I could add to the site, I always weig...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.