Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 29 replies

Perhaps the moderators could clear this up for me

OrangeGuy

Apr 22, 2007, 9:39 PM
While I am thankful that my thread in the Shop Talk forum was not deleted due to a complaint from a regular forum member who thinks he's a real mod, what was the point of deleting all the replys?

Some had to do with what I said while others were in the response to what cyberpsionic (or whatever his name is) said which is perfectly acceptable, IMO. Threads in all the forums tend to deviate from the main topic and yet they never get deleted, so what was to be accomplished from doing so from my topic?

And yeah, while this could have been handled through a PM I think it might better to let everyone in on the thought process from the REAL mods and why they feel they should have had to do this from the complaint of a childish forum member
(continues)
cyberpsionic

Apr 23, 2007, 6:47 AM
I don't even consider myself a moderator at all OrangeGuy. I feel PhoneScoop was meant to be Family Friendly as the moderators stated in the TOUs. You used vulgarity/obscenity in your thread which is why I reported it. Eric Lin even said that if a particular thread violates the TOUs, anyone can report it which I exercised my right to do so. I'm suprised too that they didn't delete your orignal thread. ☚ī¸
Rich Brome

Apr 23, 2007, 9:17 AM
First of all, we are extremely grateful to all users that take the time to report inappropriate messages to us. There are literally thousands of forums on this site. We couldn't possibly monitor each message ourselves, so we do rely on users to be proactive and help us out that way. Without people reporting inappropriate messages to us, the forums would be complete chaos; trust me, you would not like it. You should be grateful, too.

We didn't delete your message because we didn't feel that "a--hole" is "blantantly vular/obscene". Had it been directed at another forum member, then it would have been inappropriate, but it was a quote from someone else as part of story, which is a very different context.

We did delete cyberpsionic's messa...
(continues)
OrangeGuy

Apr 23, 2007, 3:01 PM
It makes sense as to why the replys were deleted so thanks for the explanation.

I've been a member here for a while and I like the fact that while we do have certain freedoms to post what we want, do we really need these 12 rogue phonescoopers interpreting the TOU the way they see fit and then reporting it to you? Sure you can't stop them but what purpose do they serve?

For the most part we are all adults and the occasional annoying member steps out of line, but what about when these 12 people go around harrasing members and PM'ing them to say that they've been reported? A PM may suffice, but to go to the point of posting AND e-mailing them, well, you can see how this can get out of line and perhaps some may feel harassed bny them, whi...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Apr 23, 2007, 3:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with people reporting "borderline inappropriate" things to us. We appreciate the help, and we still make a final judgment on what action - if any - to take.

There's no point to people also saying "you've been reported". It's not necessarily a violation of the ToU per se, but put the wrong way, it certainly can be. If it's excessive, then yes, it can be a form of harassment, which is a violation of our ToU. If you see that type of activity, please let us know.
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 3:35 PM
It is harrasment, straight up. Not, "it can be", it is. They are basically saying that you guys can't run or moderate your own forums. They just have that kiss hiney way of doing it that doesn't seem to be from your point of view.
Q_Q_Q

Apr 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
you know Rich, id just like to say that i understand the need to have us, the posters, report those threads that seem inappropriate for a site such as this, but its seeming as though these "DPS" people are running vigilante through here, and while at first it seems helpful, i see this becoming a bigger problem down the line. I still have yet to have a post deleted or even recieve any kind of warning but i would much rather it came from you guys, not some random person who posts on here just like i do
cyberpsionic

Apr 23, 2007, 12:34 PM
Here's what I'm going to do from now on people. Instead of letting the whole Phone Scoop forum members know I've reported their thread, I'll just PM them so that particular person will know I, along with about 11 other people including raycarroll70, will silently be persuing the Phone Scoop forum on the look out for not only rogue employees of the companies we work for, but those threads we feel may be violating the TOUs. It's up to Rich Brome as well as Eric Lin to decide the fate of the thread as well as the forum member. So every get a PM like:

"A moderator will review this message as soon as possible to determine if action is required. You will not receive a reply.

Thank you for taking the time and doing your part to help keep the ...
(continues)
Crapbag

Apr 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
So your saying since your post of this same message was deleted for being directed at a certain individual you are now going to pm them with the same message? How is that any better? What would be the difference between this and me PMing you with a long list of inflammatory nouns?
OrangeGuy

Apr 23, 2007, 2:52 PM
He'll proabaly e-mail the person as well, like he did to me, saying he hopes the thread gets deleted and then make appropriate suggestions of should have been said or why they needed to report you 🙄

IMO, it's pretty ironic that the replys were deleted due to the response cyberpsionic made to me as opposed to what he originaly intended, which was to delete for me saying that nasty 7 letter word that shocked him đŸ¤Ŗ

Aside from that, being that these people are going around reporting what THEY feel are inappropriate threads or posts, it's kind of funny they got this one wrong. The rules are clear yet they seem to be taking into their own interpretation. Ultimately it is up to Rich and the Erics to decide, but c'mon guys, don't ...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Apr 23, 2007, 3:12 PM
Please don't do that.

If you feel the message is inappropriate, just report it to us. There's no need to do anything else.

If we decide the message is inappropriate, we contact the user with a warning anyway, so it's redundant and annoying if you contact them also.
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 3:32 PM
the monster has already been set loose. I don't think it can be crammed back into the box now.
cyberpsionic

Apr 23, 2007, 5:38 PM
Ok Rich.
crackberry

Apr 23, 2007, 4:25 PM
cyberpsionic said:
Here's what I'm going to do from now on people. Instead of letting the whole Phone Scoop forum members know I've reported their thread, I'll just PM them so that particular person will know I, along with about 11 other people including raycarroll70, will silently be persuing the Phone Scoop forum on the look out for not only rogue employees of the companies we work for, but those threads we feel may be violating the TOUs. It's up to Rich Brome as well as Eric Lin to decide the fate of the thread as well as the forum member. So every get a PM like:

"A moderator will review this message as soon as possible to determine if action is required. You will not receive a reply.

Thank you for taking the tim
(continues)
deliriumfrenzy

Apr 23, 2007, 7:12 PM
cyberpsionic said:
will silently be persuing the Phone Scoop forum on the look out for not only rogue employees of the companies we work for,

Umm, isnt' that a form of stalking? Maybe that's my interpretation, but that seems to violate the privacy of many forum members.

Who watches the Watchmen?
aavera

Apr 23, 2007, 9:13 PM
I would think it falls more in the lines of downright harassment. If the mods find something you say inappropriate, they will contact you themselves.
joepatterson

Apr 23, 2007, 7:26 PM
Define "Rogue Employee", and what you hope to accomplish once you find them.
MrAbstracto

Apr 23, 2007, 7:31 PM
A verbal spanking.
Q_Q_Q

Apr 23, 2007, 9:58 PM
see now it people like this guy who thinks hes above everyone that made me leave the first time i was here, you guys come in here and make up this little "clique" and think you guys run the place?? come on now 🙄
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 10:00 PM
Wasn't one of their complaints that he/they were being picked on and ganged up on? Either they/he is picking on someone, or they/he have more than two screen names and either way are violating TOUs and their own complaints.
Q_Q_Q

Apr 23, 2007, 10:04 PM
with all the he/they/it talk im kinda confused, lets pick a nondescript personal pronoun and rewrite that one đŸ¤Ŗ
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 10:08 PM
I can't find any plural/singular pronouns besides you and y'all, and that didn't seem to work.
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 10:11 PM
invent one for me!

It's so confusing, I admit, but I don't have any other ways of expressing that thought.
Q_Q_Q

Apr 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
krickt said:
Wasn't one of their complaints that they were being picked on and ganged up on? Either they are picking on someone, or they have more than two screen names and either way are violating TOUs and their own complaints.

k that will work, so who are we referring to??
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 10:16 PM
lol, there's a TOU about that, and I'm not going to violate it at this time! lol..... BTW when it's written that way, it looks like we are talking about more than one person, and I'm not entirely sure that we are. I think that one person is posing as at least 4 and maybe up to 6 people.
Q_Q_Q

Apr 23, 2007, 10:18 PM
yeah then i know who youre talking about and yeah according to the TOU these DPS people hold so sacred, that a violation but still unprovable 😕
krickt

Apr 23, 2007, 10:24 PM
Give a few people a chance, they've almost got him.
Q_Q_Q

Apr 23, 2007, 10:29 PM
heres to hoping 😁
ErikaMarie

Apr 27, 2007, 5:58 PM
"Stupid" or "unintelligent" seem like understatements.

Moronic? Idiotic?

I need a thesaurus... I can't think of anything better than "retarded" to explain how I feel about this idea.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.