Home  ›  Carriers  ›

Sprint

Info & Phones News Forum  

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Is Sprint the next to fall?

TheVZWMan

Jul 23, 2004, 9:14 AM
Just wanted to get some feedback on this from my peers...

Look at this trend

MCI: GONE
AT&T: GONE

Sprint is now the only long distance carrier remaining in the cellular game...could they fall as well?
...
sunilsonia

Jul 23, 2004, 10:44 AM
Absolutely! They SUCK!! Will fall off the face of the earth! Although they, along with Stinkular, have merger arrangements with AT&T and so with any further luck, Cingular (who thinks they are the Southwest Airlines of the wireless telecomm industry) may buy out Sprint PCS. Ergo, with all of this being said, SBC will have a new meaning to it....Sprint Bought out by Cingular........lol

And remember you didn't hear this from me 😈
...
TheVZWMan

Jul 23, 2004, 11:07 AM
Okay can't tell if you're joking or not, but there is no way that Cingular would buy out Sprint...it would be a waste of monwey that would have to change all the towers to GSM
...
sunilsonia

Jul 23, 2004, 11:17 AM
Ofcourse I was being facecious man! You think if I was the CEO of Cingular that's I'd want to waste money and resources on this **** too????? HELL NO!!! 😈
...
TheVZWMan

Jul 23, 2004, 11:29 AM
Just makin sure hehehe
...
nobio0

Jul 23, 2004, 12:27 PM
i believe sprint will not be sold out because they are renting virgin Mobile their net work.
...
TheVZWMan

Jul 23, 2004, 12:29 PM
What if Virgin Mobile goes under, then what do you think that chances would be?
...
nobio0

Jul 23, 2004, 1:09 PM
I dont think virgin mobile will go down, because a lot of people can not afford rates plain so they go prepaid. Most of the time people do not have credit or they do not wont a contract. Oh yeah a lot of teens go for prepaid vendors.
...
TheVZWMan

Jul 23, 2004, 1:13 PM
yeah but say Sprint were to merger or be bought out by someone...in that case virgin would still be getting there coverage from Sprint towers and possibly pick up even more network
...
nobio0

Jul 23, 2004, 1:19 PM
true, true
...
stevelvl

Jul 24, 2004, 2:59 PM
i do not think sprint will be bough out. it is doing pritty good in the markets... sprint however has taken a step back from technology developments hence the lack of ev-dv and going with ev-do for the time being.

but sprint does have some great things going for it. over all there nation wide network is one of the bestfor coverage. they have plenty of spectrum. in fact they have so much that they will rent large portions of it to afiliates as well as vergin mobile and AT&T.

i also believe the origional question was regarding AT&T selling it's wireless devision. along with the long time absence of MCI from the market. and think sprint is the only long distance provider left in the wireless industry.

well that is simply not true. t...
(continues)
...
dsmith5237

Jul 25, 2004, 1:48 AM
Sprint's not going anywhere any time soon. If anything, we'd merge with Verizon(compatible technology), but the FCC probably would not authorize that even if both companies saw it as profitable.

Sprint would be stupid to spin-off the PCS division from the wireline division. The PCS stores and customer solutions do about a third of all sales for the wireline divisions. If the company split up it would seriously hurt profits.
...
stevelvl

Jul 24, 2004, 2:37 PM
wow it is amaxeing how little you know. sprint is not buying out at&t. the buy out of at&t by cingular has nothing to di with it.

now at&t has chosen to lanch a new wireless service on sprints network. and sbc would never buy sprint it's network is totaly incompatable.

... but then again they do have a patchwork network any ways....
...
muchdrama

Jul 23, 2004, 5:01 PM
TheVZWMan said:
Just wanted to get some feedback on this from my peers...

Look at this trend

MCI: GONE
AT&T: GONE

Sprint is now the only long distance carrier remaining in the cellular game...could they fall as well?

I think ANY carrier could stumble in the troubled times we live in. See all that debt Sprint has? Ugly with a capital U.
...
sunilsonia

Jul 23, 2004, 5:12 PM
muchdrama said:
TheVZWMan said:
Just wanted to get some feedback on this from my peers...

Look at this trend

MCI: GONE
AT&T: GONE

Sprint is now the only long distance carrier remaining in the cellular game...could they fall as well?

I think ANY carrier could stumble in the troubled times we live in. See all that debt Sprint has? Ugly with a capital U.


It was eminent from quite a while. I could almost fell it with their quality of service. I'll be the happiest person if they fall b/c I've got this friend in WPB, Florida who's had his number from Sprint's real early days. If Sprint goes down, I'm almost positive he's bound to switch elsewhere.......like T-Mobile...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Jul 23, 2004, 5:33 PM
sunilsonia said:
muchdrama said:
TheVZWMan said:
Just wanted to get some feedback on this from my peers...

Look at this trend

MCI: GONE
AT&T: GONE

Sprint is now the only long distance carrier remaining in the cellular game...could they fall as well?

I think ANY carrier could stumble in the troubled times we live in. See all that debt Sprint has? Ugly with a capital U.


It was eminent from quite a while. I could almost fell it with their quality of service. I'll be the happiest person if they fall b/c I've got this friend in WPB, Florida who's had his number from Sprint's real early days. If Sprint goes down, I'm almost positive he's bound to
...
(continues)
...
thric3

Jul 23, 2004, 6:18 PM
muchdrama said:
sunilsonia said:
muchdrama said:
TheVZWMan said:
Just wanted to get some feedback on this from my peers...

Look at this trend

MCI: GONE
AT&T: GONE

Sprint is now the only long distance carrier remaining in the cellular game...could they fall as well?

I think ANY carrier could stumble in the troubled times we live in. See all that debt Sprint has? Ugly with a capital U.


It was eminent from quite a while. I could almost fell it with their quality of service. I'll be the happiest person if they fall b/c I've got this friend in WPB, Florida who's had his number from Sprint's real early days. If Sprint goes dow
...
(continues)
...
mtown

Jul 24, 2004, 9:15 AM
I think I read somewhere Sprint added more subs last month than cing, and with it's mvno's it doubled them. I may have been day dreaming but I think that puts them around 22 million cust, isn't that getting close to at&t?
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2020 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.