5 Great No-Strings Black Friday Deals
In the phone world, there's no shortage of Black Friday deals in the US this year. But most of the phone discounts and free accessories require a new line of service and/or a phone trade-in. If you are looking to switch carriers, there's never been a better time. But if you just want a good, straightforward deal on a gift — or something for yourself — here are a few notable discounts that truly have no strings.
AD article continues below...
- Google is offering $200 off the Pixel 4 (and 4 XL), its latest flagship phones. That brings the price as low as $599, a great price for a true flagship-class phone. These phones are unlocked and — like all Pixel phones — have great support for all US networks. This deal is available now and runs through Dec. 2.
- Google is also discounting its mid-range Pixel 3a (and 3a XL) models. These aren't as powerful as the 4, but still have the excellent software and camera performance Pixel phones are known for. The discount is $100, bringing the 3a down to $299, which is an amazing price for a current Pixel model. This deal starts Nov. 28.
- OnePlus is discounting both the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 6T by $150, bringing them down to $549 and $449, respectively. These are great prices for flagship-class phones. Like the Pixels, these are unlocked phones with excellent support for all US networks. This deal is available now and ends Dec. 2.
- ZTE is discounting its flagship Axon 10 Pro by $100 and throwing in a free case. That brings the 8 GB version to $450 and the 12 GB version to $500. With triple cameras, wireless charging, a huge battery, and good support for all US networks, this flagship was already a good value with few compromises, but it's now an even better deal. This deal runs Nov. 27 – Dec. 3.
- T-Mobile is offering a huge discount on the Beats Solo3 Wireless on-ear headphones on Black Friday. They're knocking $120 off the price, bringing them down to just $100. The iconic Beats are almost never this affordable.
Feb 20, 2019
The tenth edition of Samsung's Galaxy S series of flagship phones includes, for the first time, four different models spanning a range of sizes and price points. Samsung announced the Galaxy S10 series today at an event in San Francisco.
May 30, 2017
Essential Products, the startup being run by Andy Rubin, who helped create the Android operating system, announced its first smartphone today, the PH-1. The PH-1 is a high-end handset crafted from a titanium shell that Rubin claims is more robust than aluminum and more resistant to damage when dropped.
Oct 30, 2018
Verizon Wireless will not support Apple's dual-SIM technology at first due to a software bug that degrades service. The new Apple iPhones (Xs, Xs Max, Xr) support dual-SIM functionality thanks to one physical SIM and one eSIM.
Mar 26, 2018
Facebook has been called out in recent days for storing, in some cases, years' worth of call logs and text messages from Android handsets. Users discovered the logs in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
Nov 21, 2017
Verizon Wireless is offering big discounts on this year's top phones through its Black Friday sale. Verizon will cover up to $378 off the price of the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, or Note8, the Google Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL, or the Moto Z2 Force.