HTC Mogul / XV6800 / PPC6800 / P4000
hide detailed ratings
Had it for a week
I've had the phone for about 1.5 weeks. I'm going to be taking it back to Sprint, and canceling my service as well.
- I am a slide-phone freak. So naturally I love that.
- Windows Mobile means you can customize or get apps easily
- Large screen
- Fast EVDO access, and WiFi setup was easy
- Goodlink messaging isn't available on it yet, and Sprint doesn't know when precisely, even though the factory presets include "Get Good misrepresent the devices' capabilities
- Usability is suffering on this device. I shouldn't have to tap so many things repetitively (like speaker-phone enabling)
- Phone is often slow and "laggy"
- Running programs don't close naturally. Constantly have to go back to Running Programs in Memory > Settings, and kill many background apps left running
- It has locked up on me twice, once as I was at a concert trying to get the last photo of the band. The photo program wouldn't launch. I almost destroyed it right then.
- Battery life isn't fantastic, but maybe it is for a smart-phone
- My camera application won't zoom in
- I dropped it from about 3 feet, and the battery cover popped off!
- The side button for "Voice Activation" is in the wrong spot. When you grip the device to turn it off or suspend it, the voice activation button is right there on the other side.
I'm a blackberry user, trying to conform to a Windows Mobile device. I guess I'm used to easy, effortless, and consistent device accessibility and reliability. My experience wasn't all that flattering for a $500 handset.
Log In to rate this review or report it as inappropriate.
Have a question about this phone? Ask in the Forum ›
Ready to buy? Shop for this phone ›