Samsung SGH-C417 / C416
hide detailed ratings
A Great Phone
Pros: 1. Very, very good reception. Unlike another reviewer, I find this phone has great reception. I got a Razer V3 and tried to use it at my office. My office is buried in the corner where two brick buildings intersect and barely has signal. The Razr would not connect there. My son had a SGH-C417 and I took it to the office and it worked fine. It pulled in a full bar of signal all of the time when the Razr did none. So the SGH-C417 beat the Razr V3 hands down in a side-by-side reception test. (So I got my own SGH-C417.)
2. The phone has a great feel for such a lite-weight phone. It's very thin, but feels substantial at the same time. Very nice to use.
3. Has all that I will ever need in a phone. It's loud, including the speakerphone.
4. It's not customizable. I like just getting what I get in an interface and just using the phone.
5. Very bright, clear display. It's better than the Razr V3 I had.
6. Keys are large for such a small phone.
Cons: 1. Probably not as customizable as some people would like.
2. Can't select a network. My last Samsung had that feature and it came in handy. With that said, I have yet to need that feature using this phone. That is, I have always been been able to make a call so far.
Overall just a really good thin phone for the price. I am very happy with mine.
Log In to rate this review or report it as inappropriate.
Have a question about this phone? Ask in the Forum ›