Samsung SGH-E900 / E906
How to flash your e900's firmware
You will need:
- Optiflash for E900
- A firmware upgrade
- The original samsung USB cable that came with the phone
Launch Optiflash and click on 'Options > Settings > Generic'
- Select 'Customer T: D830/D840/E900 (USB)'
- Set 'Flash Erase Passes' to '1'
- Set 'Operation Passes' to 'Default'
- Uncheck all checkboxes except 'Differences only'
Select the tab 'Flash and Verify'
- Browse to and select your firmware (*.s3)
Select the tab 'Default Contents'
If you have a file *.cts with the firmware *.s3:
- Select radio button “S-Record with content”
- Browse to and select your *.cts file
If you do not have the file *.cts:
- Click on 'S-Record only'
- Click 'OK'
- Remove your SIM and microSD card from the phone and turn it off.
- Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Whilst holding down the * key on the phone, briefly press the ON/OFF button.
Your computer will recognise the device as Samsung USB Mobile.
Return to Optiflash, Click on 'Options > Settings > COM Port'
- Select the COM port your phone uses (If you're not sure, you can find out by: Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM and LTP))
- Select 921600.
- In Second COM Port select 'NONE'
- Click 'OK'
Lastly, click 'Flash'
The flash procedure will be finished when the message 'All is Well' appears above the green progression bar.
A full reset should not be necessary once the firmware is upgraded, however, if you want to do it: Type *2767*3855# then wait one full minute before you restart your phone.
To check your existing firmware type *#1234# into your handset
Time to flash: approx 15 mins.
** NOTE: IF YOUR PHONE RESTARTS IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE, DON'T PANIC! THE LANGUAGE SELECTION PROCESS IS:
MENU (left touch button) > SETTINGS (bottom right icon) > PHONE SETTINGS (2nd option) > LANGUAGE (1st option)
- Re: How to flash your e900's firmware by UncleMike
Shop for accessories specifically compatible with the Samsung SGH-E900 / E906.