Nokia E62 / E61
Replying to: E61 or E62 by vwsharp
Re: E61 or E62
2. Cingular will help, if not use this tutorial for E62 https://cingular.atgnow.com/cng/tutorials/KB7 0109.html .The only difference is proxy port set to 8080, per tech support's recommendation.
3. I do after I received a written e-mail confirmation from Cingular stating that it is OK
4. I Used "wireless_experts". They were fine, on time, BUT I bought E61 unit made by Nokia Philippines. This model is not part of major firmware upgrade to 2.618.06.05. If I did it again, I would ask who has European versions, but it is not a big deal (after flashing the phone I see no improvements with firmware 2.618.06.05)
5. You will love the battery life on E61. Two to three days of good web browsing & phone use.
Additionally there are some software cons for E62
- Go to the Cing store and ask them to play a good 3 minutes 3gpp video on the phone IT WILL FREEZE! Same file plays with no issues on 6682 or E61
- In september, when I used E62, I could not use google maps properly. It kept asking me to accept the use of data every click (annoying) E61 has never had this issue, but google maps changed since then as well, so I do not know now.
And now the Grand finale:
The thing that made me return E62:
- I plugged in stereo headphones and received a message "no profile supported". When I went to profiles ONLY MONO headphones were supported. That did it.
E61 on the other hand has this funky pop connector, which is kind of proprietary.
Hope this helps,
E62 users please - confirm or dispute this. It's been three months since I used E62.
No replies to this message
Shop for accessories specifically compatible with the Nokia E62 / E61.