Nokia 6101 / 6102
Nokia 6102b -- Newbie questions re: switched networks & internet settings
I bought I brand new Nokia 6102b intended for the Cingular network and pre-loaded with all of its settings. I unlocked the phone in order to pop in my SIM and use it on my home network (Rogers Wireless here in Canada).
I performed a soft reset, but we're still on Cingular default settings.
In terms of general functionality (calls, camera & text), everything is working fine and dandy, but I can't get a few things to work:
1. I cannot edit the mobile browser settings in order to make it compatible with my local Rogers GPRS (WAP?) internet -- that is, it automatically dials the Cingular service when I hold "0". I called Rogers and they're not willing walk me through erasing the Cingular settings because the 6102b isn't a phone offered by Rogers (and hence tech support don't know how to work it). I don't really care if I can get onto GoRogers site (it's probably not supported), but I do want to be able to browse the internet and more importantly, download games and tones from sites. Can anyone give me some direction? In terms of settings, this is all the Rogers lady could offer me (pasting in from her email)...
1. APN: goam.com
2. URL or HomeDeck: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com
3. Username: wapuser1
4. Password: wap
5. Wap IP 1: 208.200.067.150
6. Wap Port 1: 9203
7. Wap IP 2: 208.200.067.151
8. Wap Port 2: 9201
For HTML browsing (Only a private IP address is required):
1. APN: internet.com
2. Username: wapuser1
3. Password: wap
4. Outgoing Mail Server (for sending e-mail): smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com
1. APN: media.com
2. Username: media
3. Password: mda01
4. IP Address: 172.025.000.107
5. Message Server: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
Customers with unlocked Motorola phones may require DNS settings to be able to connect
1. DNS1: 126.96.36.199
2. DNS2: 188.8.131.52
2. The splash screens when I turn the phone on and off are still Cingular propaganda. Is there a way to change these?
Thanks a bunch you guys, I hope someone is more informed about this junk than I am...
No replies to this message