Motorola SLVR L7
Replying to: connecting to computer... cant figure this out!!! by themandillon1222
Re: connecting to computer... cant figure this out!!!
Regarding your concern, to transfer music to your L7c you need to use an SD card reader as it does not accept USB CONNECTION. To transfer music to the microSD card via a SD card reader, that means you need to have a memory card.
- Format your microSD card
- Push Music (right softkey) from your home screen to start the Music application
- Choose the Player tab
- Scroll to and Select All My Music to create a "Music" folder on your microSD card
- Power off your phone
- Remove the battery cover and battery
- Carefully remove the card from the phone
- Place the card in the card adapter
- Place the SD Adapter in the card reader of your computer
- Double Click on My Computer on your desktop to view your "Removable Disk"
- Double Click on your "Removable Disk" to view the files on your microSD card
- Copy and Paste your files into your "Music" folder
- Left click on your computers system tray and Safely Remove Mass Storage Device
- Carefully place your card back in your phone and replace the battery
- Power the phone
- Push Music (right soft key) from your home screen to start the Music application
- Choose the Player tab
- Scroll to and Select All My Music to populate the music that is located on your card
To format your microSD card:
Step 1: Insert the microSD card.
Step 2: Press the Center Select key
Step 3: Scroll to and select Phone Status > Device Info > Storage Devices
Step 4: Select Memory Card-T-Flash and press Options
Step 5: Select Format
When prompted, press Yes to continue or No to cancel formatting.
Note: The formatting procedure erases all the data on the microSD card, after which the files CANNOT be retrieved. To prevent the loss of important data, check the contents before you format the card.
If you are sure you wish to remove all the files from your micro SD card, select Yes (left soft key).
Note: The formatting procedure erases all the data on the micro SD card, after which the files CANNOT be retrieved. To prevent the loss of important data, check the contents before you format the card.
We hope you find this information helpful and look forward to assisting you in the future.
If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please contact our Cellular Information Center at 1-800-331-6456. Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm CST and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm CST.
For information about Motorola products and services, please locate http://www.motorola.com/
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you.
No replies to this message