Phone Scoop

printed September 1, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=507&fh=37384

Home  ›  Phones  ›  Sharp  ›

Sharp TM100

 

Info Photos Reviews  2 News Forum  

all discussions

NICE ANOTHER TMOBILE PHONE

MrFisch13

Apr 22, 2004, 12:16 PM
FINALLY SOME NICE HANDSETS FOR TMOBILE!
...
Rich Brome

Apr 22, 2004, 3:15 PM
For now, just T-Mobile Europe... Sad
...
muchdrama

Apr 22, 2004, 5:18 PM
Rich Brome said:
For now, just T-Mobile Europe... Sad

Shouldn't it still work over here, Rich?
...
Rich Brome

Apr 22, 2004, 5:52 PM
Yes! Smile
...
muchdrama

Apr 22, 2004, 8:48 PM
Rich Brome said:
Yes! Smile

Hot damn...one thing I've noticed about the Sharps is that they've got great screens.
...
Rich Brome

Apr 22, 2004, 9:19 PM
Absolutely, and this one (according to the specs, at least) should not disappoint. QVGA is niiiice. Very Happy
...
crazycraig07

Apr 23, 2004, 3:08 AM
This phone i really hope will come to the states. T-mobile doesn't really have a whole bunch of exciting phones. This could change that a little bit and when the Nokia 7600 comes out they should carry that one as well.
...
Rich Brome

Apr 23, 2004, 9:09 AM
The 7600 is a 3G phone, so chances are about zero that T-Mobile USA will carry it.

AT&T Wireless is rolling out 3G in a few months, though, and they've already announced that they will offer at least one Nokia phone. So they may carry a U.S. version of the 7600.
...
mikelz

Apr 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
why is there less chances the T.mobile of USA will carry the 7600 of the new phones out .and what is 3G?

It also hurts to go to Europe to see all the new phones out there and America does not have It makes the USA look so "country" Crying or Very sad
...
Rich Brome

Apr 23, 2004, 11:45 AM
First, the 7600 out now in Europe only works on European frequencies - it won't in the U.S. at all, which is why it's not listed here on this site.

Second, even when Nokia does release a 3G/WCDMA/UMTS phone for the U.S. later this year, T-Mobile will not have a WCDMA/UMTS network to support the advanced 3G features, such as high-speed data and video calling. It would be silly to release a phone with $100 worth of extra technology that would be incompatible with T-Mobile's network, and therefore non-functional and completely useless to the user.
...
muchdrama

Apr 23, 2004, 5:36 PM
Rich Brome said:
First, the 7600 out now in Europe only works on European frequencies - it won't in the U.S. at all, which is why it's not listed here on this site.

Why is ATTWS intent on building their WCDMA network over a 1900 mhz frequency while the rest of the world will be using 2100 mhz? They chose GSM as their path from TDMA, but now they're going to have all kinds of incompatibilities with their WCDMA network? It doesn't make sense...unless it's costing them a hell of a lot less money to use the existing 1900 mhz band. I wonder if Cingular is watching this with concern?
...
rpgarcia74

Apr 23, 2004, 10:48 PM
First of all AT&T is not rolling out 3G in a couple of months. They are barely rolling out their spotty EDGE network. Secondly the rest of the world won't be using 2100 mhz as it is up to the gov't do decide who uses what and the US especially no where near that point. WCDMA is more the data tunnel that will work along side GSM as far as the data communications are concerned.

None of this means that AT&T or Cingular are further along technologically than T-Mobile. T-Mobile USA "WILL" carry the Nokia 7600 but it won't be until later in 2004 or early 2005. T-Mobile is EDGE ready and has been for some time but their focus and priorities are not with being the first to roll out EDGE or 3G but to the best. Huge focus is on continuing to ...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Apr 24, 2004, 11:51 AM

First of all AT&T is not rolling out 3G in a couple of months. They'll be rolling out WCMA in four major cities within the next few months. They are barely rolling out their spotty EDGE network.As far as I know ATTWS's network is almost entirely EDGE ready as we speak. Secondly the rest of the world won't be using 2100 mhz as it is up to the gov't do decide who uses what and the US especially no where near that point.As I iterated before, ATTWS is getting set to roll out WCDMA in four major cities, and the rest of the world (mainly Europe) looks as though they'll be using the 2100 mhz band for their WCDMA networks.
None of this means that AT&T or Cingular are further along technologically than T-Mobile. Uh, where
...
(continues)
...
Rich Brome

Apr 24, 2004, 7:03 PM
rpgarcia74 said:
First of all AT&T is not rolling out 3G in a couple of months. ...


Their internal target for launch is July. I wouldn't be surprised to see it slip a month or two, but that is the target and as of February they were still on track for that, with hundreds of towers deployed and already working in 4 cities.

... They are barely rolling out their spotty EDGE network. ...


They have the largest EDGE network in the world - it's nationwide - what is your definition of "spotty", exactly?

... Secondly the rest of the world won't be using 2100 mhz ...


They already are. Go to Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK,...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Apr 24, 2004, 7:21 PM
Rich Brome said:
rpgarcia74 said:
First of all AT&T is not rolling out 3G in a couple of months. ...


Their internal target for launch is July. I wouldn't be surprised to see it slip a month or two, but that is the target and as of February they were still on track for that, with hundreds of towers deployed and already working in 4 cities.

... They are barely rolling out their spotty EDGE network. ...


They have the largest EDGE network in the world - it's nationwide - what is your definition of "spotty", exactly?

... Secondly the rest of the world won't be using 2100 mhz ...


They already are. Go to Germany, Italy, the Netherla
...
(continues)
...
Rich Brome

Apr 24, 2004, 6:51 PM
muchdrama said:
Why is ATTWS intent on building their WCDMA network over a 1900 mhz frequency while the rest of the world will be using 2100 mhz?


No choice. The 2100 frequency band is simply not available in this country. It is used for other things.

The FCC is working to "create" some new spectrum for 3G, which will be in the 1700 and 2100 bands, but not the same 2100 as Europe (it overlaps, but just a little).

There's really no choice - no matter what band they pick, it will involve "moving" the incumbent spectrum users to another part of the spectrum, which means someone spending billions to replace every radio using that frequency.

Because of the time and expense in doing that, it will be seve...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Apr 24, 2004, 7:19 PM
Rich Brome said:
muchdrama said:
Why is ATTWS intent on building their WCDMA network over a 1900 mhz frequency while the rest of the world will be using 2100 mhz?


No choice. The 2100 frequency band is simply not available in this country. It is used for other things.

The FCC is working to "create" some new spectrum for 3G, which will be in the 1700 and 2100 bands, but not the same 2100 as Europe (it overlaps, but just a little).

There's really no choice - no matter what band they pick, it will involve "moving" the incumbent spectrum users to another part of the spectrum, which means someone spending billions to replace every radio using that frequency.

Because of the time and e
...
(continues)
...
mikelz

Apr 23, 2004, 10:46 AM
yup i agree Smile
...
GDX_32

May 1, 2004, 12:27 PM
yea its a nice phone but the keypad looks cheap & nasty! it spoils the handset so bad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad
...
sfone_vn

Mar 12, 2005, 5:00 AM
Well, how it looks!!!
I thinks simple is better. The shape is okay, elegant, wide screen with high color standard.
Camera is better than Nokia. I'm impress with picture quality Shocked .
However compared to Nokia, Addin functions are limited but wireless services!?
In low-limit wireless services zone as developing countries, It would be good deal if more addin fucnctions..
Wink Wink
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
1