Phone Scoop

printed October 24, 2017
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=475&fh=160107

Home  ›  Phones  ›  Motorola  ›

Motorola V710

 

Info Photos Reviews  100+ News Forum  

all discussions

show all 15 replies

E815

Anxiovert

Jan 7, 2005, 3:35 PM
Ok, Motorola announced this new phone to be an "upgrade" of the V710, watch out! it will be released by VZW September of 2009, also expect the same delays of the V710.
...
wnrussell

Jan 7, 2005, 10:04 PM
Anxiovert said:
Ok, Motorola announced this new phone to be an "upgrade" of the V710, watch out! it will be released by VZW September of 2009, also expect the same delays of the V710.

I agree. Verizon has no committment to keeping pace with high tech.

They ought to just sell "Plain Jane" handsets.
...
Bristol

Jan 8, 2005, 12:39 AM
Take note: Moto says the V815 can NOT be used as a PC modem. That defeats a lot of the value of the 1x-EV/DO broadband that is the major addition to this phone versus the V710. So for those that got the V710 mainly for the bluetooth, there is not a whole lot of reasons to pine for the V815. It's all well and good to get video clips on your phone, but if you are anything like me the apps that need the bandwidth are on my PC. If you need high-speed data, go get a card for your laptop now. No need to wait.
...
wnrussell

Jan 8, 2005, 10:04 AM
Bristol said:
Take note: Moto says the V815 can NOT be used as a PC modem. That defeats a lot of the value of the 1x-EV/DO broadband that is the major addition to this phone versus the V710. So for those that got the V710 mainly for the bluetooth, there is not a whole lot of reasons to pine for the V815. It's all well and good to get video clips on your phone, but if you are anything like me the apps that need the bandwidth are on my PC. If you need high-speed data, go get a card for your laptop now. No need to wait.

I never would have thought it. Wonder what is the business or technical reason for that?
...
Bristol

Jan 9, 2005, 11:34 AM
Embarassed
The E815 CAN be used as a wired modem via USB. It can't be used via Bluetooth. Sorry, my mistake.
...
Nitefury

Jan 9, 2005, 3:50 PM
who cares, the first post says 2000 and frickin 9.... who wants to wait 4 years for a new phone! i just want bluetooth to work with my apple...
...
Bristol

Jan 9, 2005, 5:41 PM
C'mon, get real. Either it's coming out mid-year or we will never see it. They want to sell EV/DO services, and nobody ever announces more than a few months ahead intentionally.
...
wnrussell

Jan 9, 2005, 10:08 PM
Take note: Moto says the V815 can NOT be used as a PC modem.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff ... »
...
jeffilm

Jun 20, 2006, 9:04 AM
I plan to purchase the E815 today. I'm also a MAC user. Will it sync up via Bluetooth with my Powerbook G4 as a Modem as my V710 did? Thanks for a timely response!
...
hypnotizd

Jun 20, 2006, 8:58 PM
jeffilm said:
I plan to purchase the E815 today. I'm also a MAC user. Will it sync up via Bluetooth with my Powerbook G4 as a Modem as my V710 did? Thanks for a timely response!

Out of the box with the new firmware it will not be a bluetooth modem. Why they removed that profile from the new firmware is beyond me.

However, with the new firmware and with Motorola Mobil Phone Tools it activates the Dial-Up Networking profile. Weird.

If you happen to get the e815 with the old firmware simply dial "##DIALUP" on your handset and you will receive a confirmation message stating that Dial-Up Networking is active.

hyp
...
jeffilm

Jun 21, 2006, 11:08 AM
I plan to purchase Moto E815. I want to be able to sync up my MAC G5 address book phone numbers with my E815. Can this be done and how?

The Moto V710 worked well with syncing address book and blue tooth modem. Can the E815 do the same?

A Mac user needs advice!
...
fatherwayne

Jan 10, 2005, 9:09 PM
actually the people @ the ces show that the dun profile was active on the phone they had at the show but it was not certain if it would be on the released model
...
catstide

Jan 8, 2005, 12:39 PM
the v710 is at the top of the class right now. Very Happy
...
Anxiovert

Jan 8, 2005, 1:46 PM
catstide said:
the v710 is at the top of the class right now. Very Happy


Sure! (I as try to swap media from V710 and my new Mac) whatever!
...
catstide

Jan 8, 2005, 3:42 PM
just do it with your other phone Very Happy
...
wabmorgan

Jan 11, 2005, 12:52 AM
More like bottom of the heap!!! Crying or Very sad
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
1

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.