Samsung Galaxy S II / SGH-T989
Get it now or wait?
I know with other platforms OS updates can be challenging to say the least and would prefer not to go through the agony but my present device is dying quickly.
I tried to take advantage of TMobile New Year's sale this past weekend to finally get my hands on this phone but the requirement to migrate to one of their value plans stopped me. That said, the store rep who talked to me stated that the price of the phone was going to go up and this seemed odd to me since the release date was last October. Note sure if she was just trying to make the sale or if what she stated was plausible. Thoughts anyone?
I would hold off if I were you. There are other phones on the horizon in the first and second quarter of 2012 that will drastically decrease the prices of this phone, in my opinion anyway.
I'm also interested in this handset but my contract expires in April so I will reassess at that time. If the price hasn't dropped or nothing better has been released I will hold off until I get something that will satisfy me.